Tenderloin Cooking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenderloin Cooking

Ok, what is the best way to cook venison tenderloin to make it live up to it’s name? I have grilled it, pan fried and simmered it but every time it is tough. I just slowly panfried some tonight wrapped in bacon and ate the bacon only. The tenderloin was tough as a boot.

Thanks for the input.

Hot grill to rare. Maybe you are overcooking it

Comment

Originally posted by Slabby View Post
      This, perfect for anyone you know that doesn’t have teeth cause they can gum it

Comment

Makes me wonder if you are eating tenderloins. I throw them on a red hot grill for no more than 2 minutes a side. Slice cross grain and call them fajitas. I have never eaten a tough tenderloin. I use a mix of lime juice, ketchup, cilantro, and fiesta fajita seasoning as a marinade for 6-8 hours. Shake off excess before grilling. Yes they are charred but very good, juicy, and melt in your mouth. If you don't have a lot of red juice on your plate they are over cooked.

Comment

Can’t cook it over medium. Medium rare is my cutoff

Comment

Originally posted by Slabby View Post
            This. If it is tough you are cooking it way too long.

Comment

Cook it medium rare no reason to be tough, probably over cooking it

Comment

Could also do like beef tips and rice dish too.

Comment

Thanks. I’m sure I overcooked them.

Comment

Tenderloin Cooking

Sounds like overcooking. How do you cook backstrap? If you can sous vide that is the best then sear.

I’ve soaked for an hour in salt water and manually tenderized when frying individual pieces.

How do you process out the tenderloins? Do you pull them out and cook?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                      Thanks. I’m sure I overcooked them.
                      Best thing I did for cooking any cut of game was to buy a instant read thermometer. I always over cooked before I got it, and just got to the point of cutting it up and frying it

Comment

Best I've had was when my brother cooked it on a Black Stone griddle at rare. It was the rarest I ever had. I think like everybody has said it needs to be rare, not sure if it matters how you cook it.

Comment

Properly cleaned, aged, processed and cooked white tail back strap is good any way you prepare it. We chicken fry w/ gravy mostly and never have left overs. Does sound like you are over cooking them

Comment

100% guaranteed you over cooked it. Like others said cook it hot and fast. Cast iron skillet or Blackstone griddle are great ways. Throw on the tenderloin and a teaspoon of butter. When the butter starts to melt the steak is done!

Comment

I’m not sure, but you may have overcooked it ?

Comment

Working...
                              X