No announcement yet.

Jeep value question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ll add. I looked for a long time for a 2001-2005 wrangler buikt right for 10-12k. They nearly don’t exist lol. Keep prices are insane. Always have been.

Comment

I currently drive a TJ as my daily driver. I think 11500 is a decent price as long as the road test is good. I really don't think that those people saying 6500-8000 max have been shopping for jeep recently. The only jeeps i have found in those ranges are in really bad shape.

Comment

I'm in the market for a different truck/car/jeep something and when I look at cars that are 20+ years old I keep thinking that every thing made of rubber should be about to crack or miss up.

Comment

Originally posted by JTCowpoke View Post
          I currently drive a TJ as my daily driver. I think 11500 is a decent price as long as the road test is good. I really don't think that those people saying 6500-8000 max have been shopping for jeep recently. The only jeeps i have found in those ranges are in really bad shape.

I agree with this, anything that is under $8k either has 180,000+ and/or is in rough shape.

Comment

I sold my 2004 with 46k miles, in perfect condition with 35's lift, bumpers, etc for $13k a couple months ago for reference.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
              I wouldn't pay more than 10 for a 97 TJ unless it was a very capable rig with tons and lockers.
              But Im also not currently in market for a jeep and my style of jeeping is probably different than most.
              I sold a highly modified 2000 TJ for 10, probably didn't have as good of road manners as the one you're looking at, but its been a few years.
              I'm in this boat ^^^

I'd say if it's super clean, with the right lift set up, and heat & AC work, $10k TOPS. If your looking to drive it daily the hiccups for me would are: base model, age (being a '97), soft top, half doors, 6" sounds like a frankenstein lift to me

Comment

Originally posted by Chadhender View Post
                I sold my 2004 with 46k miles, in perfect condition with 35's lift, bumpers, etc for $13k a couple months ago for reference.
                Oh wow, that seems like a great deal for the buyer based off what I am finding... Thanks for the input

Comment

Mine is an 08, I know it’s not the sought after year models, but I gave $11k for it with 82k miles, it is a base model with standard transmission I’ve easily spent that much more modding it out.

Comment

My 05’ rubicon if I was to sale would be at about 19k. And it has 129k miles. Kelly blue book has it at 14k with none of the extras. 11.5 is a pretty good price.

Comment

Look at facebook marketplace, Lots for 5k range.

Comment

I don't think that's too far off on price, before I saw what he wanted, I was thinking $10,000

Comment

Not far off in the current market. Really Should be $8-9k but I think 10-10.5 is fair currently (to me anyway.) I've owned about a dozen TJs at this point.

Comment

Seems high to me, but someone will pay it if not you. :-). Offset on wheels looks a little off and I have noticed over the years that many jeeps with poor suspension work seem to appear with the wheels turned in the pictures. Seriously. Take a close look at the front end.

Comment

I am going to go with it is a tad bit on the high side but it all depends on the condition and your desire to own it. I paid a little less than that for a 2006 with 124K miles last year but I have spent a ton ($2,000+) on getting it where I want it. I will expect to be able to get my money out of it when I sell it. If it does not need any work then you might have a decent deal.

Comment

I think it’s just a little high but it really depends on how much you want THAT Jeep. Recently sold my 03 that was in excellent condition and 65,000 miles for 14k. It had 33’s with under 10k miles and a ton of nice upgrades. The market is all over the place on Jeeps.

Comment

Working...
                                X