Hearing Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jerp View Post
    When shooting rifles or handguns i wear foam plugs under Howard Leight ear muffs.
    I have a set of custom-fitted plugs my audiologist made for me--along with a set of muffs, takes care of preservation of what little hearing I have left.

And OP--being in a band and a DJ, that is just about as dangerous an environment for hearing as there is . Today's generations running around with ear buds and volume so loud you can hear it from 5' away--they are future hearing aid customers for sure.

Comment

I just received my new shooting protection - ESP America. I did the entry level digital version. They’re pricey but the convenience will be worth it for me.

espamerica.com

Comment

Custom moulded ear plugs along with 3M electronic muffs. By the way, the normal spectrum of speech ranges the 2000, 3000, and 4,000 megahertz. Protect what you have. And yes, severe tinnitus sux!
        ...............what did you say? ...............what did you say? ..............cC

Comment

Custom moulded ear plugs along with 3M electronic muffs. By the way, the normal spectrum of speech ranges the 2000, 3000, and 4,000 megahertz. Protect what you have. And yes, severe tinnitus sux!
          ...............what did you say? ...............what did you say? ..............cC

Comment

MDHEARINGAID.com

I bought the blue tooth hearing aids for $999. The work really well. You actually run hearing tests with them once you get them and they program to your hearing loss specifics. It amazed me what I was missing.

I wear squishy plugs or muffs when shooting. You can get the type on a string around your neck when you’re sitting in the blind and just pop them in real fast.

My hearing lost came from some loud noises but mostly ear infections and busted ear drums from my troubled youth. I do watch tv with cc on.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              When shooting rifles or handguns i wear foam plugs under Howard Leight ear muffs.
              I do this as well even though my rifle has a suppressor. IT's the SBR's beside me at the range that are unbelievably loud... dang.

Comment

Had tinnitus 40 yrs ringing in both ears from one shot with 44 Mag. Hearing has been getting worse, never was the best due to work environment HVAC & Industrial compressor rooms.
                I started using hearing protection way too late, but I use it all the time now. Ear plugs when using rifle and muffs with pistol. I like the muff with noise canceling for range time and when talking with others.
                I have Sigma Pure Charge&Go 7NX behind the ear hearing aids that can be controlled with app on the phone, they also have controlled background noise to cut down on the tinnitus. I have used these for 4-5 yrs....
                Best advice I can give you is use hearing protection and have your children and friends do the same.

Comment

Working...
                X