In need of a rear end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In need of a rear end

I figured this is a long shot but I’m trying to find a Dana 70 rear axle for a 1993 d250 2wd.
    Here is the back story….
    My oldest son (Clint) has been saving for a while and finally bought his dream truck 1993 Dodge Ram D250 turbo diesel.
    He has rebuilt the front end which we knew was going to have to be done but before putting him on the road I wanted everything 💯 checked out. I was told his rear end needed to be rebuilt, so I ordered all the parts. When the parts came in they weren’t fitting so I took the rear end to a local shop for them to work on it.
    Much to our surprise we found out that the reason the parts weren’t working is because someone had replaced the original rear end with a rear end from a dodge dually van and then modified it to fit his truck.
    The local shop I took it to has been looking for a used rear end for his truck but they have been unsuccessful. Any leads or tips would be appreciated
    Attached Files

Location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

car-part.com

Comment

Originally posted by sideways View Post
        Location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        We are in the Bryan/College Station area, I am willing to travel to help him get his truck going and I do frequent the Midland/ Odessa area quiet a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
          car-part.com
          Thank you

Comment

Try Sniders in Holland.

Comment

Call K&K Motors in Graham he will be higher than a cat's back but I bet he has one. They have a website also but I don't know what it is.

Comment

I would probably find a Dodge truck forum or group and ask on there. I am sure there a bunch of Dodge nuts, with multiple Dodges around, that, they might part out.

Comment

So much that could transpire with this thread.

Comment

now that they identified the rear end why can't they just get parts for it?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                      Agree ^^ just rebuild that one.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                        From my understanding whoever modified the current rear end took the rear end out of a dodge dually van and apparently modified it to fit this truck but it’s no longer a dually. They guy I hired to work on it is telling me the parts to rebuild that rear end for it are near impossible to find.
                        I’m now looking at the possibility of putting a dana 80 rear end on it, if we can get the welding issues worked out for the brackets that connect to the leaf springs. I was trying to keep it as original as possible but sometimes it just doesn’t workout.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                          I would probably find a Dodge truck forum or group and ask on there. I am sure there a bunch of Dodge nuts, with multiple Dodges around, that, they might part out.
                          We have been looking on the dodge forum on FB, I just figured I would broaden our search.

Comment

Sorry, you're talking mechanical.
                            I was hoping for pics.😁

Comment

HoneyBee, this is off topic, but did you ever get your noodling trip you were looking for?

Comment

Working...
                              X