No announcement yet.

9/15 draw hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

0-13 for me this year. Not much hope as most of the categories I had 1 entry due to winning last year. For those that won Pat Mayse, PM and I'll try to help out. I went on that hunt last year and shot a coyote the first night. Shot at and missed a doe the second night.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
      The old way you gain a single point that wasn’t cubed but also could alloy to only one hunt per category and that worked alright but didn’t make the $$$. I don’t think there is ever one way to make anyone happy and also problem nationwide as other states are way more messed up then Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I didn't mind the single point either. It gave you a better chance but it was really pretty marginal. I don't like the one hunt per category either. There are to many to chose from.

Your right. Not everyone will be happy with the system. It just seems like this will make the system worse eventually. When there are 5,000 people applying for a hunt with 20 permits it means more and more people with 20+ points will still never draw it. I mean if 200 of those people have 20+ points your still only fighting over 20 permits. That's going to make the list grow and grow.

Comment

My son drew anterless or spike at San angelo. Hes been there a couple years ago on the either sex hunt.

Comment

I very much preferred the one hunt per category, your draw odds were much better and they wouldn't have had to add the cubing.

Comment

I am partial to Wyoming's system. 75% to preference point and 25% random. That way, if you are at the top your odds are only as bad as the number of of same point holders or holders with more points. If you lose that raffle then you fall into the random draw with everyone else, not based on points.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
              I am partial to Wyoming's system. 75% to preference point and 25% random. That way, if you are at the top your odds are only as bad as the number of of same point holders or holders with more points. If you lose that raffle then you fall into the random draw with everyone else, not based on points.

I'd be ok with a hybrid system, but would prefer for it to be the other way around 75% to random and 25% to preference.

That way high point holders know they are competing against other high point holder for that 25%. And even if they dont draw, they still fall into the 75% random draw

Also, wish they would figure something out with non-residents. I understand they want the revenue, but **** it kinda sucks knowing us residents have the same odds as non residents.
              Last edited by CAP; 09-17-2021, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                Just got notified that I was drawn for Powderhorn either sex. I am super excited as that was about the best I could’ve drawn with the 13 preference points I had.

Good hunt. My BIL is still eating the Sambar venison from the 2020 hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
                  I'd be ok with a hybrid system, but would prefer for it to be the other way around 75% to random and 25% to preference.

That way high point holders know they are competing against other high point holder for that 25%. And even if they dont draw, they still fall into the 75% random draw

Also, wish they would figure something out with non-residents. I understand they want the revenue, but **** it kinda sucks knowing us residents have the same odds as non residents.

Yeah, I say charge them more per app or require non-residents buy a license to apply. Maybe both…

Comment

I drew Seminole Canyon - spike/doe rifle on 2 points. Never been. My group chose not to enter it with me and then thats the one that was selected. They are pizzed.

Comment

37 gde. And not drawn. I heard 37 is the highest you can get. I was thinking I had 37 last year too. 0 for 20 on the draws so far.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                        37 gde. And not drawn. I heard 37 is the highest you can get. I was thinking I had 37 last year too. 0 for 20 on the draws so far.
                        Condolences.

Lol, that ain't even right sir.

Comment

Dang, I thought 32 wold be the highest possible number ?!?!?

Comment

Its not the highest you can get its just the draw and point systems started 37 years ago.

Comment

Good lord I just added that up cubed, that is over 50,000 points

Comment

I honestly think some of the old accounts are lost in a black hole or something. This is absurd.

Comment

Working...
                                X