Sams or Costco?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATI View Post
    Costco HANDS DOWN. They don't sell anything they don't believe in or with low quality. Even the "Kirkland" brand which is their brand is quality and I've yet to find any issues with any of them.

(For years I was a Sam's member and was oppose to joining Costco, but after joining I'm a believer now)

Sam's is like a WalMart.
    This!! And their employees are very well taken care of.

Comment

I'm a Sam's guy. Had 2 bad experiences at COSTCO and decided to stick with Sam's. I haven't had any quality issues at Sam's and their meat has been very good. I bought a few TV's, mattresses, and other large items without fault, so far. We mainly bulk grocery shop. I will say - COSTCO is packed everytime i drive by there...

Comment

Sams for two reasons.
        There are a lot more Sams clubs out there than Costco.
        Second, every time I have been in or driven by a Costco the place is packed.

Comment

If you get any anxiety at all steer clear of Costco lol

Comment

I have Sam's and a coworker has Costco. He ask me to take him in Sam's for meat selections. I get all of my briskets there and have had great meat every time. My wife goes for other stuff. I just go for the meat though.

Comment

Costco by far

Comment

Never been in either one, H-E-B for me
                Probably 50 miles to get to one of them stores

Comment

We have both. I prefer to go to Sam's (less crowded and scan and go app). I quit going to Costco when they laid down the mask mandate. They have since backed off that so I go some. Costco is more like a wholesale grocery store with less selection. Sam's I more true to their beginnings. If you need bulk, they are better. That's where I buy diesel oil and DEF. Can't get those at Costco. Costco has better steaks for a family but, if you are planning a big BBQ, Sam's is better.

As I said, we have and use both. I just prefer the shopping experience at Sam's better.

Comment

I've never been in a Costco; not one in my area.

That said, I can't imagine how Costco's meat can be any better that Sam's. Our local Sam's has excellent meats, Prime and Choice cuts.

Comment

Sam’s, use app & never wait in line. Get their credit card; all items ship for free if you buy online. Using their card 5% off gas’s purchases anywhere, 2% off all Sam’s purchases & 1% cash back for all other. Plus the primer lets me go at 7 am if I want.

Comment

Costco for us. We literally have a Costco and Sams that are a few miles apart.

I agree with most of what has been stated. Costco is just a bit higher quality and the Kirkland brand is legit.

With that said, I don't dislike Sams. If we didn't have a Costco nearby, we would have a Sams membership.

I'd choose a membership based on which one you would use the most. Proximity and convenience should be factors in addition to the product selection.

Comment

If you watch, Sam’s runs a promotion every few months where you pay the $45 membership and you get a $45 gift card for use in the store.
                          Makes the membership free.

That said, I also prefer Costco. The Sam’s here in Lubbock tends to be out of everything I go for.

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
                            We had both and ended up back at Sam's due to brand name preferences on a few things that we get regularly. Costco is closer to our house, but Sam's still won out.

Aslo, Sam's mobile app allows you to do "scan & go". So you can buy your stuff on your phone and the only line you wait in is getting your cart checked on the way out of the store.
                            Yeah, I haven’t checked out at Sam’s in about 3 years. I don’t have a Costco membership but I thought they had the same set up. Maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              I've never been in a Costco; not one in my area.

That said, I can't imagine how Costco's meat can be any better that Sam's. Our local Sam's has excellent meats, Prime and Choice cuts.
                              I feel the same way. I have never been in a Costco but seen and bought some pretty good meat in our local Sam’s.

Comment

We have both and Costco is the best. They have better meat for sure! If you are buying for concession stand type stuff in bulk- then Sam’s is better.

Comment

Working...
                                X