No announcement yet.

so long dart bowl, austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I grew up in that bowling alley with my dad bowling in the Leagues there. It was the old Dart Bowl that moved to the current locations. We were really good friends with the owners too. It is a shame that another piece of Austin history is being erased. There chicken fried steak was no slouch either, but their enchiladas were awesome.

Comment

My wife went to McCallum and did PE at Dart.
      Adios, enchiladas.

Comment

I ran a service truck for years and Dart Bowl was a solid place to get a great lunch! Sad to hear that it has closed.

Comment

I tried to have the enchiladas. 3 hour line. 24 hours for togo orders. Ugh.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe they should get a food truck and keep making the enchiladas if they are that popular

Comment

What a great piece of Austin history. Gone like Uncle Jay, Packer Jack , Two J’s , Ringeye, Chief and Burnet Road Drive Ins . I heard Threadgills closed also . Great place to have been 18 in 1968 . Not so much anymore! Also Gibson’s, best sporting goods store at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
                What a great piece of Austin history. Gone like Uncle Jay, Packer Jack , Two J’s , Ringeye, Chief and Burnet Road Drive Ins . I heard Threadgills closed also . Great place to have been 18 in 1968 . Not so much anymore! Also Gibson’s, best sporting goods store at the time.
                Don't forget the Stallion.

Comment

No, say it ain't so. Gonna miss that day glo orange enchilada sauce.

Comment

Son called this morning to see if cafe was open. Open but already a waiting list of over 60 folks wanting to eat there one last time. I told him “ call em back and offer $20 for the enchiladas recipe!

Comment

Originally posted by dagdog View Post
                      No, say it ain't so. Gonna miss that day glo orange enchilada sauce.
                      It's chile con carne. Very dark brown as it should be.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X