No announcement yet.

home cameras without internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Lorex system all hardwired and go to a DVR. Nothing is needed for wifi unless I want to view it on the app or store it on the cloud. If you want to view any camera on an app you will need wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by NewTexian View Post
      I have a Lorex system all hardwired and go to a DVR. Nothing is needed for wifi unless I want to view it on the app or store it on the cloud. If you want to view any camera on an app you will need wifi.
      That's what we've had for 4 years on our home and at my models. I do have the ability to going online and view any of my cameras with any smart phone or computer. I like it. It's paid off and there are no additional fees.

Comment

Several correct answers above me on not needing an internet connection. Most good cameras will record to a local SD and an NVR, etc. I would re-consider wireless in favor of wired POE cameras. Make sure they record at a frame rate and resolution that you are comfortable with. I buy most of my stuff from security camera king. I have SD cards in my cameras but honestly they are not big enough to be useful. I have two separate NVR devices, 2 TB each, for 8 cameras. I do record motion at the highest supported frame rate and resolution, so it eats space. I have kicked around moving some cameras and going full time record on one NVR and still may move that direction.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Some are confusing wifi and internet in this thread. Just to be clear, you could have a wireless setup at your place that is not connected to ISP servers. Keep in mind that wireless, or even wired camera traffic that is not isolated will be an issue for home network bandwidth at the frame rate and resolution you will want.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X