Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NewTexian View Post
    Born and raised in PCB.
    Food schooners is always a must go. Grand Marlin is good also, Capt Anderson is good too but I feel like its a tourist trap. Be prepared to sit in traffic ANYWHERE you go, no matter the time of day. Pier park has just about anything you would want to eat, drink or do.
    Hunts oyster is great like someone else mentioned. It's in town and not on the beach but the food is worth it.
    Any easy catch Fishing holes to take a 3 and 6 year old to for a few hours?

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      Any easy catch Fishing holes to take a 3 and 6 year old to for a few hours?
      If you just want to entertain and catch a few fish I would hit one of the piers. PCB has 4 piers total.

Dan Russell at Pier Park
      City pier
      or The state park piers; They have one on the gulf and one in the bay.
      Stop by Half-hitch tackle or any bait shop and get a tub of frozen shrimp and the kids will have a blast. I have spent many of days with Dad at the state park with a tub of frozen shrimp catching fish.
      The cobia run is still happening right now. Cobia fishing in Florida is all sight fishing. The piers will have fishermen doing nothing but looking for cobia. If one is spotted...get out of the way.

With the Gulf of Mexico on one side and St. Andrews Bay on the other, visitors who crave swimming, snorkeling or surfing will be more than satisfied. Well-known for its sugar white sands and emerald green waters, this former military reservation has over 1.5 miles of beaches on the Gulf of Mexico and Grand Lagoon.

Comment

Best place around is called Just The Cook. It was a restaurant on a barge. It burned down and they rebuilt. Not sure where its located now but its incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtrage View Post
          Got back from a week in Destin on Saturday. If you have grill on site where you are staying, our favorite thing to do is buy local fresh shrimp and fish and grill it ourselves. We stay right by The Back Porch. It is one of our favorites but never been to the one in Panama City.

We did rent a Pontoon with slides out of Panama City Beach. We spent the day on it with much of the time on Sea Shell Island. I definitely recommend that even for a half a day.
          Would you share where you rented the boat from? I will be there in Aug and i think that is a great idea. how long did you spend on the boat and what was the cost?

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
            Would you share where you rented the boat from? I will be there in Aug and i think that is a great idea. how long did you spend on the boat and what was the cost?
            We used Adventures at Sea: https://www.watersportspc.com

For us last week it was $350 for the full day + a 20% discount. I think it doubles in prime season though. You also have to have a $50 liability OR $200 cash deposit if you have a boaters license. I read this as optional. It was not when I arrived.

You could get away with a half day too. The boat is big if you have someone to split it with.

We did not fish.

The 20% discount is for booking before 5/26 online even for Aug.
            Last edited by Jtrage; 05-23-2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Awesome thanks!!!!!!

Comment

X2 on Pier Park, another broken egg has awesome breakfast. Sharkeys has an AWESOME grouper sammich!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X