Plant Operator job openings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
    Pretty good benefits and pay. But man the DuPont schedule sucks lol.
    I’ve been working as an operator for 23 years. DuPont sure beats 4 on 4 off. A lotta day walkers can’t handle shift work. It requires being able to trade what some consider normal, for a new normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wampuscat View Post
      I’ve been working as an operator for 23 years. DuPont sure beats 4 on 4 off. A lotta day walkers can’t handle shift work. It requires being able to trade what some consider normal, for a new normal.
      I work 14 on 14 off. But you’re right. Nights isn’t for everyone

Comment

Ineos is hiring right now but tomorrow is the last day to put in.

Comment

Heard today SHGP is looking to hire 4-6 operators.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
            Heard today SHGP is looking to hire 4-6 operators.

we are getting 2 transfers for sure, possibly 4.
            As I’ve been told by our ATL, there is no hard number, goal is 6-8 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I might be hitting some of you guys up in the fall if my company doesn't transfer me!

Comment

Originally posted by Pigkilln View Post
                Ineos is hiring right now but tomorrow is the last day to put in.
                What unit are they hiring for?

Comment

Plant operator is the best career move I have made. Wore a suit and tie to work 5 years before becoming an operator. Got the degree and an internship at 26, then got hired on full time at another plant, 4 years come September.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                    What unit are they hiring for?

They are hiring for o&p right now. The new LAO unit will hire again @ May

Comment

Originally posted by JayKen86 View Post
                      Yes, hired the first 12 operators which I was a part of. Will hire another 12 in May, and the final 12 in October. We plan to begin commissioning in December with a projected march/ April start up

Left Ascend in 2015 to commision a Airproducts chemical site. Since then ive worked 4/10s..6/10s..6/12s and dupont. Also purchased by Evonik Jan2017. Lots of work into commissioning!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigSIX View Post
                        Left Ascend in 2015 to commision a Airproducts chemical site. Since then ive worked 4/10s..6/10s..6/12s and dupont. Also purchased by Evonik Jan2017. Lots of work into commissioning!!!
                        Where did you work in Ascend?

Comment

They are hiring for o&p right now. The new LAO unit will hire again @ May

They just hired some here at BMC.

Greg was surprised you left Ascend.

Comment

Originally posted by Grndchecker View Post
                            They just hired some here at BMC.

Greg was surprised you left Ascend.
                            Hahahaha ya, I'm sure he was real surprised! Everyone leaves ascend as soon as the opportunity presents itself!

Comment

Where did you work in Ascend?
                              MHBA chicken feed unit. I liked the unit and the people i worked with but had to make a choice after my 5 year mark. It was either leave or stay.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                Get a two year degree in process technology or instrumentation technology. I would recommend instrumentation, we don't work hard, make the same or a little more than operations and no shift work. Instrumentation is also in high demand, even if you don't land a gig with a plant right away, there are a ton of good paying contractor jobs.

The I/E guys at my plant dont make more than operator with our overtime. They make the same as our salary before O/T. But if we didnt work overtime we work 14 days a month. They work 20. So i guess that means we (operations) make more.?

But your right they dont work hard lol. Neither do we though so i cant complain

Comment

Working...
                                X