Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instant Pot Chicken and Rice

Chicken & Rice Instant Pot

2-3lb bone/skinless chicken breast (I actually like to just use a rotisserie chicken & debone it)
    1tsp salt +extra to taste
    1/2tsp black pepper
    1 cup Jasmine rice
    4 cloves garlic
    1 10.5oz can cream of chicken soup
    1 1/2 14.5oz can chicken broth
    1/4tsp cayenne pepper
    2tbsp butter
    Cooking spray
    Olive oil
    1/2 to 1 cup fried onions
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________
    1. Cut the chicken into 3/4” bite sized portions, sprinkle with salt & pepper to taste. Measure out the rice; set aside. Mince the garlic; set aside.
    2. Make a sauce by combining soup, broth, 1tsp salt, 1/2tsp pepper, cayenne pepper and butter; set aside (combine sauce ingredients in a sauce pan, stir to break down the cream of chicken soup and set to low heat until added to Instapot).
    3. Spray the bottom of the Instapot; add olive oil. Using the sauté setting, brown the chicken slightly. Remove meat to a plate. (If you use a rotisserie chicken you can skip this step. )
    4. Drop minced garlic into the oil; sauté slightly. Pour half of the sauce mixture into the pot; stir, scraping up any fond.
    5. Pour in rice; place chicken on top of rice; add remaining sauce; cook for 10-15 minutes (13 minutes).
    6. Release the steam valve immediately; unplug the pot to prevent overcooking. Place in a bowl, sprinkle onions on top and serve.
    Last edited by Geezy Rider; 08-29-2020, 07:08 PM.

Planning on getting an insta pot and this will be one of the first ones I try.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Sounds awesome. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X