Stop grinding deer shoulders- Mississippi pot roast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    We did this......and it was really, really good. I will say more is not always better with the peppers. We probably put in too many subscribing to the if a few is good than more is better and it was a little overpowering....still good but lost a lot of the pot roast appeal. It was more like peppers flavored with a little pot roast..

Even still, it was good enough to make the rotation though with less peppers
    I made this a while back and I probably used to many peppers as well. It was just "OK" but I doubt if I will make it again. Much rather have my version of pot roast with potato`s , carrots and onions.

Comment

This is the only way to do it.

Comment

will try that!

Comment

Tag

From my Make Believe World

Comment

going to have to try this one too

Comment

Making this again Friday with the doe I just harvested. [emoji1786]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Comment

I've got a neck roast and front shoulder I need to get out of the freezer. One of them will be this. Have had it before and it is great and super easy.

Comment

So are yall de-boning the shoulder and just putting the meat in or throwing the entire shoulder with bone in the crock pot and letting it fall off the bone?

Comment

Or you could pressure cook it for an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        So are yall de-boning the shoulder and just putting the meat in or throwing the entire shoulder with bone in the crock pot and letting it fall off the bone?

I leave bone in and cut in half at the joint to fit in the crockpot

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                          I leave bone in and cut in half at the joint to fit in the crockpot

That's what I was hoping for, I hate de-boning shoulders.

Comment

We make Mississippi pot roast at least 3 or 4 times a month.. it's a household staple here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I told my wife to go back to making roast the old way, cause every time she makes it this way I over eat, and sop up the juice with bread, and then I wake up in the middle of the night dying of thirst because there must be a lot a salt in all that.....

Comment

tagged

Comment

Working...
                                X