I missed two deer tonight ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I missed two deer tonight ***

I just missed two different does tonight both within 35 yards. I guess I need to shoot more I have no idea what happened

Doe fever [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How did you miss? High or low? We’re both the same miss? Rangefinder or just estimated? From the ground or a tree?

Comment

C'Mon Man! NVM. I thought it was Monday Night.

Comment

Check your broadheads against practice tips on the target. Sometimes they fly way different.

Comment

how about getting them inside 15 yds.
            and check all the stuff mentioned above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Don't sweat it bud. A clean miss is better than a wounded deer. Regroup yourself and get back out there.

Comment

35 yards on a target is way different than a deer.

Comment

Take some time before you hit the stand again and double check all your equipment. Make sure whatever broadhead your shooting is impacting where your aiming. When I arrive at the lease Friday night after setting up camp, I will shoot a handful of arrows and make sure all is good befire hitting the stand. Like stated above, a clean miss is much better than a wounded deer. I always double check my equipment the night before the hunt even if I shot the day before. Just habit for me I guess but I believe we owe it to the animal we are trying to harvest. I practice out to 50 and 60 yrds but try and keep my shots inside 30 and try and shoot 20 preferably.

Comment

My setup is solid and my rages fly perfect. I shot below the first one just missed my yardage I didn't have time to range it. Second one was 25 yards and I shot right over her back. I don't know what I did on her. Oh well at least It wasn't a big buck and I did have a good night in the tree with a lot of deer moving so it was still a good night.

Comment

Too far keemosabi��Twenty yrds or less of your a newbie.

Comment

Practice makes perfect! Go over your routine and get it down pat, breathe and aim for your spot.

Comment

If you ain't missed...a Deer with a bow ya probably forgot!

Comment

Aim Small miss small

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                              Take some time before you hit the stand again and double check all your equipment. Make sure whatever broadhead your shooting is impacting where your aiming. When I arrive at the lease Friday night after setting up camp, I will shoot a handful of arrows and make sure all is good befire hitting the stand. Like stated above, a clean miss is much better than a wounded deer. I always double check my equipment the night before the hunt even if I shot the day before. Just habit for me I guess but I believe we owe it to the animal we are trying to harvest. I practice out to 50 and 60 yrds but try and keep my shots inside 30 and try and shoot 20 preferably.
                              ^^^^^this is spot on I haven’t had the time away from work to practice as I have done in years prior, that being said I will not go sit in a stand and figure aw heck I’ll throw some arras and maybe get lucky. Chaps my butt. But if you have been diligent about staying fresh then let em have it. Hope you get everything worked out and good luck OP, AS WELL AS EVERYONE ELSE HERE YALL BE CAREFUL OUT YONDER AND GOOD LUCK TO ERRYONE.

Comment

Working...
                              X