Kansas bruiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kansas bruiser

So blessed and thankful to get this guy on a less than desirable weather week up in Central Kansas. It’s been warm and the wind has been wicked, not seeing much movement other than first and last hour of the day. Yesterday was just one of them days where I was so close to just sleeping in, with temps in the 70s and wind sniffing 35-40 mph. Sure glad I didn’t and it just proves again, you never know and just gotta go.
    Had a young buck cruise by just after good light so I was like well at least I saw a deer which I had told myself walking in “what are you even doing they ain’t gonna move in this”. About 30 min later I heard foot steps behind me and turned to catch the top of a nice rack which was all I could see has he had already dropped into the creek drainage and seemed to be on the trail that was going to take him across the creek and right up my 20 yard shooting lane. By the time I could pick up my bow and clip on release he had made it across and coming up my side of the creek on the trail I needed. But he stopped behind a cedar blocking a great view for me. I knew he was mature body through the cedar but couldn’t get a good look at his rack. The flyer trash was on his off side so didn’t see that. Thought I saw the kicker on my side and seemed to be decent 8 point frame so mind said yes shooter. As

he began to move I drew and soon as he cleared the cedar I settled pin and hit the go button! Whack, that sweet sound them spitfires make when they connect! Immediate blood pumping from both sides and has he rolled to head straight away I then saw what I thought was more trash. I had TC pics of a flyer buck in this farm so my mind said that’s him ya got the flyer buck. I waited the dreaded 30 (ok 25) lol, and got out to inspect the shot spot. What I hoped to find, blood coated arrow and instant massive blood trail that screamed double lung. But I’m always over cautious on these big massive bodied brutes. So I walked back to the truck, finished my coffee that was still warm and text my buddies that I had one hit. They had not seen anything and decided they would come over and take up the track with me. That gave him another 45 to an hour by the time they arrived and we started the track. It was quick, he went 80 yards and was laying in the creek drainage and what a sweet sight it was to put the binos on him and confirm “It’s Flyer”!!!!
    Again so grateful and blessed to take such a cool looking buck with awesome character, and to think on a morning I seriously considered rolling over and going back to sleep! God bless and happy hunting this fall!
    Lance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2258.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	24697335
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4807.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	465.6 KB
ID:	24697336