Oklahoma Quadruple Murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma Quadruple Murder

Anyone been following this one? Sounds like 4 buddies went on bicycles to rob the salvage yard a week or so ago and never came home. Then they found them in the river, shot and dismembered and the salvage yard owner disappeared. They found him today in FL and arrested him. Just a crazy story and just so happens that is my hometown, Okmulgee, OK. Graduated in 1993 and spent many days fishing in the Deep Fork river where they found them. Crazy.

Them boys from Oklahoma roll their joints all wrong

Comment

Meant to include link. - https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/16/u...ssing-men.html

Comment

Sounds like the salvage yard owner took matters into his own hands to stop the original criminals, realized afterwards that he went too far and shouldn't have used lethal force, then tried to get away with it.

Haven't read anything about it other than what you wrote but that's what popped into my head. Not really sure where the dismembered part fits in though.

Comment

Article is paywalled here's a copy/paste

Discovery of Bodies in Oklahoma River Deepens Mystery of 4 Missing Friends
          It was unknown whether the bodies were those of the four missing men, who were last heard from on Oct. 9, the police said.

Give this article

The Deep Fork River near Okmulgee, Okla., about 40 miles south of Tulsa. The police recovered four bodies from the river on Friday.
          The Deep Fork River near Okmulgee, Okla., about 40 miles south of Tulsa. The police recovered four bodies from the river on Friday.Credit...News on 6

By Vimal Patel
          Published Oct. 16, 2022
          Updated Oct. 18, 2022, 3:14 a.m. ET
          Update: The remains were identified as those of the four men, the police said.

The police in a small Oklahoma city found four bodies in a river on Friday, three days after they said four men, all described as friends, had been reported missing.

The discovery of the bodies deepened the mystery surrounding the missing men in Okmulgee, a city of about 11,000 people about 40 miles south of Tulsa. The police said the bodies were males but were awaiting a medical examiner’s confirmation of their identities.

The Okmulgee Police Department said a passer-by had noticed something suspicious in the Deep Fork River on Friday, leading investigators to find what appeared to be human remains protruding from the water.

Joe Prentice, the police chief, said at a news conference on Friday that he did not know whether the bodies were those of the four missing men, but that he had notified their families of the discovery.

“If it turns out that these four missing men are the remains in the river, then the focus of our investigation will shift from finding them to what happened to them,” Chief Prentice said. “If it is determined that it is not them, then we’ll have a separate investigation.”

Chief Prentice said that investigators had previously not considered searching the area where the bodies were found.

“All the information that we had up to this point indicated that our missing men, based on telephone data, had gone east leaving town and then ultimately south on 75,” he said, referring to Highway 75. “This is in the opposite direction.”

The authorities earlier in the week identified the missing men as Mark Chastain, 32; Billy Chastain, 30; Mike Sparks, 32; and Alex Stevens, 29, all of Okmulgee.

The police said on Tuesday that all four were believed to have left Billy Chastain’s home on Okmulgee’s west side around 8 p.m. on Sunday on bicycles. Two of the men were likely carrying cellphones but calls to them went straight to voice mail, the police said.

The police said they had tried to locate the men using GPS.

In an interview with the television station Fox 23, Chief Prentice said one of the men had an app on his phone that placed his last known location at a salvage yard. The chief said investigators had scoured 25 acres of that area on foot and with search dogs and came up with “nothing remarkable.”

Residents reported sightings of some of the men around town, like at a smoke shop on the south side of town on Oct. 9 or at the Y.M.C.A. on Tuesday, the police said on Facebook. One person reported that all four men were seen walking along a street at 2 a.m. on Tuesday. The police emphasized that none of the sightings had been verified.

“We have had many, many, many reports of sightings,” Chief Prentice said on Friday. “We haven’t been able to confirm any of them. I had one today that was in Monroe, Louisiana” — about 400 miles away.

Comment

He should have just killed them and called 911 saying he killed some suspects robbing him

Comment

first I'm hearing about this but very interesting

Comment

"Investigators believe that the men planned to commit some kind of criminal act when they left the residence, according to a witness who told police they were invited to go with the men to "hit a lick big enough for all of them," Prentice said."

Comment

Sheesh, interesting one here. Hopefully we find out what the real story is and somebody turns it into a Dateline episode.

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                  "Investigators believe that the men planned to commit some kind of criminal act when they left the residence, according to a witness who told police they were invited to go with the men to "hit a lick big enough for all of them," Prentice said."
                  Well, they eff'd around...

Comment

I'm seeing a Dateline story in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                      Bet that dude is dang sure glad he decided to not go break some laws and "hit a lick" that night.

Comment

I saw their pictures a few days ago. Said they were 4 cyclists. None of them looked like they rode bikes at all. Looked more like thugs.

Comment

Man, that’s taking it to another level!

Comment

That story smelled funny to me from the get-go. First of all like mentioned above, they didn’t look like cyclists to me - at least not the kind who dress out in spandex and go for long training rides. That, and I couldn’t think of a scenario where cyclists just disappearing made sense unless there was much more to the story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by jerp; 10-18-2022, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Don’t bring a bicycle to a salvage yard fight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X