Bluebonnet meats no longer taking deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluebonnet meats no longer taking deer

Bluebonnet in Trenton is no longer taking wild game for processing. Major drag as they have a consistent product and tag your animal. Any advice on where to go in the north Texas area now?

Well that sucks.

Comment

Yes its true, I just called and asked, what a disappointment, they did great processing.

God Bless
      Bish

Comment

I've been very pleased with "Butcherman's Gourment Sausage" in Royse City, but they are also not accepting wild game this year, so I am also looking for another processor as Bluebonnet was my go-to for this year.

I'd steer clear of Rockwall deer processor. Took a deer there that came back with another BIG processors name on it on the other side of the metroplex.

Probably just end up doing it myself now.

Comment

Love Butchermans as well, but i started doing my own last year. Ill probably keep that up for the foreseeable future

Comment

Dang

Comment

wow, not good. Just up the road from me.

Comment

That sucks. Used them before and liked em

Comment

I expected to see this all across the state. I imagine that if they are setup for beef they will be doing all they can of that. I hear beef processors are backed up 6 months or more because of the drought.

Comment

A very good friend of mine is opening a new taxidermy/processing shop in Denton.. it'll be about 3 miles west of 377/380. Lightfoot Taxidermy and Processing.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh man
                      I used them for the first time last season and had planned to again
                      A little bit more than Ye Ole Butcher, much better packaging, labeling and organization

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                        I expected to see this all across the state. I imagine that if they are setup for beef they will be doing all they can of that. I hear beef processors are backed up 6 months or more because of the drought.
                        so this may be temporary?

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                          That sucks. Used them before and liked em

No biggie, you seldom kill anything any way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Get ready for several places to stop taking deer and only processing cows for a while.

Comment

FDA has been cracking down on the processors who don’t have a separate facility for wild game.

Comment

Working...
                              X