Catalytic Converter theft deterrent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stumbled on this and I think I will order it for my trucks.

CatStrap

Thanks. Just bought it.

If nothing else it will make for a long drawn out theft...

Comment

Why would they not just cut from the top?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
        Can't get up there with their sawsall or their grinder. A grinder with a cutoff wheel will go right through it though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
          Yep, it won't slow down most of the thieves out there, maybe some dumb ones. There are multiple quick ways to get around that deal.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
            Can't get up there with their sawsall or their grinder. A grinder with a cutoff wheel will go right through it though.
            You could just cut the stainless ties with some dikes or shears, in seconds, then get to work with the sawzall.

Comment

Stick a 12g up their *** while they're under the frame .. deterred

Comment

i here hi temp red paint helps? most buyer wont take them.

Comment

Until they crack down in the buyers it will never stop . Heck my little small town just caught 4 dip****s will 11 stolen converters . All came off of bugmobile company trucks. Stolen in broad daylight. How they got caught someone seen them loading them into another car . They thought it was a bazooka and called the cops .

Comment

Originally posted by gumbl3 View Post
                    Stick a 12g up their *** while they're under the frame .. deterred
                    X2, this works for me. Dang thieves.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                      Until they crack down in the buyers it will never stop . Heck my little small town just caught 4 dip****s will 11 stolen converters . All came off of bugmobile company trucks. Stolen in broad daylight. How they got caught someone seen them loading them into another car . They thought it was a bazooka and called the cops .
                      Not much funny about these thefts, but "They thought it was a bazooka" does make me smile a little about how they were busted.

Comment

On Monday, there were two students at my daughter’s high school that got their catalytic converters stolen from the school parking lot. One was a Toyota Tacoma and the other was a Mitsubishi SUV.

Comment

I will probably jinx myself and get mine stolen tomorrow; however, I don't personally know anyone who has had one stolen. I agree the device appears to be easily defeated and instead of spending money on the device it seems like even though the risk of theft is real, the odds of having your vehicle targeted is relatively low.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ChordTruth View Post
                            Not much funny about these thefts, but "They thought it was a bazooka" does make me smile a little about how they were busted.

I thought so too . Here is the article

Last edited by Strummer; 03-24-2022, 07:54 PM.

Comment

They love that high jacked up trucks. Get you a low rider and you'll be good.

Comment

Working...
                              X