No announcement yet.

2022 Crappie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conroe was tough yesterday! Shoulda just went back to LOP! Maybe they're cleaned out and I need to move onto lake Houston! Sitting in the office wishing I was fishing!

Comment

If I can get a couple things worked out, I'm looking to hit the water Saturday morning. Conroe is my closest lake, thinking 1097 bridge, but I'm not against a bit of a drive. Where would you guys go?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
        Had a great day on Rayburn catching 8 inc. Crappie

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
        Wow, those pre spawn crappie are bigger than normal!

Comment

I've got one more weekend of duck. Then it's on to the fins.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
            I've got one more weekend of duck. Then it's on to the fins.

Crappie get together is in early April this year so won't be too hot yet and they allow pets! You should come on!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              Crappie get together is in early April this year so won't be too hot yet and they allow pets! You should come on!
              He won't [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Todd . I noticed that. I've got a few things going on. We'll have to see.

Comment

That 115 on classifieds is too heavy for my rig. Really thinking I want to go back to a triple stacker, anybody come across an older 60-70-75 Evinrude or the holy grail of a 90 Yamaha 2 stroke that are cheap give me a shout! Striking out on FB market so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                    That 115 on classifieds is too heavy for my rig. Really thinking I want to go back to a triple stacker, anybody come across an older 60-70-75 Evinrude or the holy grail of a 90 Yamaha 2 stroke that are cheap give me a shout! Striking out on FB market so far.
                    You already got an anchor! You don’t need another OMC!

Comment

You already got an anchor! You don’t need another OMC!
                      Apparently anything I touch is an anchor. Only motors that offer the weight to hp ratio I want is 60-75 OMC, and 70-90 Yamaha.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Been going pretty good on Conroe. Catching 6-8/hr. Yesterday's fish had zero eggs. I'm sure they were not all male fish. There were no breeding colors. Yesterday the fish were 5-10ft. Not sure what to think about the lack of eggs in the fish. Previous days fish had eggs from almost mature to sacks only an inch long and narrow.

Comment

Today was fun! Buncha fat healthy fish! Fished man lake timber in 20-28' with fish suspended anywhere from 4-24' down. Nothing over 2 but lots of 1.75s.

Comment

Well, picked up a busted boat(transom rotted owner pulled motor with intent to redo transom and gave up), trailer, and a 1992 70 Evinrude that appears to be in great shape for almost nothing yesterday. Plan is to use the trailer, sell my trailer, sell accessories off the boat, and hopefully have a good motor. Going to test compression, clean carbs, new water pump, and see what we have.

Comment

Getting all my goodies in order. About to hit the creeks hard. Been scouting alot lately and found a few but the weather is slowly changing.

Really need to get my electronics setup and start fishing the main lake. Its hard to get out the creeks and away from what i know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                                Well, picked up a busted boat(transom rotted owner pulled motor with intent to redo transom and gave up), trailer, and a 1992 70 Evinrude that appears to be in great shape for almost nothing yesterday. Plan is to use the trailer, sell my trailer, sell accessories off the boat, and hopefully have a good motor. Going to test compression, clean carbs, new water pump, and see what we have.
                                The best to ya on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X