Mahindra PTO trouble shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mahindra PTO trouble shooting

Was out doing some stump grinding and piling some brush this morning. I finished a couple stumps and turned off the PTO (woodland mills PTO stump grinder). Did some work with the grapple cleaning up some downed brush. When I went to start grinding another stump, the PTO wouldnt engage. The push button PTO switch light is on, but no sound heard and no spinning. The only other thing, which i wouldnt think was related, was when the PTO didnt engage, I looked at the dash and saw the 'water in fuel filter' light on. Shut the tractor down. Dumped the filter and replaced. No more warning light, but PTO wasnt working. Thoughts? I was hot, sweaty, tired, and had a wife waiting to leave so didnt do much trouble shooting. Is there a fuse for it? Something else to look for when i go back out? Unfortunately, my tractor is about 2 hrs from my home on our property. Its an HST if that matters and i did check the hyd fluid dipstick and looked good

This happened to mine. Pto solenoid ground wire came loose. Maybe this helps??

Comment

Quick Google search shows PTO solenoid, they mention tapping on it. If that works, they say pull it apart once a year and lube it.
      Hope this helps.

Comment

I run a Mahindra

Find the pto solenoid on the belly and there should be a reset button on the end. You can press the button and reset it. Kinda like a gfci outlet in your house

If you don’t keep that solenoid clean it will do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

anyone have a pic of it? cant seem to find a parts diagram that shows where it is

Comment

Working...
          X