Official 2022 Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benno View Post
    If JV is ready to go, let him go. 3 time nominee and 3 time Cy Young winner, 2 World Series rings. If wants to play for money his last few years let him, he has nothing left to prove to MLB, the man is unbelievable. ( Not even bringing up the fact he married Kate Upton) He will decline quickly, the Astros will be fine without him. We have young pitchers on contract that are opening day starters on most teams. Personally I am excited about Brown, small sample this year but what I saw was a kid who had some serious nasty stuff. A little knowledge to go with it I think he is going to be something special. The players we have let go the last 5yrs and the players they have been replaced with through our farm system, the MVP of this team are the scouts and front office. Every other organization has to be scratching their heads right now, we let Carlos Correa go and upgrade with a freaking rookie!

Im with this guy.

I really think Hunter Brown is gonna break loose soon. Im still amazed at what Pena did the entire season. I also thing theres plenty of seasoned players on the roster to run the team without JV

Comment

Well Click is gone, wonder who will take over GM. Bring back Lunhow [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If JV is ready to go, let him go. 3 time nominee and 3 time Cy Young winner, 2 World Series rings. If wants to play for money his last few years let him, he has nothing left to prove to MLB, the man is unbelievable. ( Not even bringing up the fact he married Kate Upton) He will decline quickly, the Astros will be fine without him. We have young pitchers on contract that are opening day starters on most teams. Personally I am excited about Brown, small sample this year but what I saw was a kid who had some serious nasty stuff. A little knowledge to go with it I think he is going to be something special. The players we have let go the last 5yrs and the players they have been replaced with through our farm system, the MVP of this team are the scouts and front office. Every other organization has to be scratching their heads right now, we let Carlos Correa go and upgrade with a freaking rookie!
        ^^^^This, if he’s ready, let him fly and use his salary to pay the rest of the pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
          You can never have too much pitching
          My money is on that he stays. We'll. I hope that he does

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

I bet he comes back. 2 yr $60MM is what I’m guessing comes out of it. He and his wife like it here a lot from all accounts. He was at a charity event last night in galleria area. My buddy talked to him for a while. Obviously not about that but he wasn’t too worried about the contract situation.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post

Lol! I wish!
            No loss losing Click.

Comment

Just signed Montero 3 yrs $34.5 million. Seems like a lot for a 32 year old

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                Just signed Montero 3 yrs $34.5 million. Seems like a lot for a 32 year old
                If he pitches the next couple years like he did this season, he’s worth it.

Comment

Agreed, he’s worth every penny. Fantastic closing pitcher!

Comment

Originally posted by 68rustbucket View Post
                    If he pitches the next couple years like he did this season, he’s worth it.
                    Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                    Agreed, he’s worth every penny. Fantastic closing pitcher!
                    Would feel better about it if last year and 2019 weren’t the only 2 good years he’s ever had. Hopefully he continues to perform

Comment

Jim McIngvale, also known as 'Mattress Mack', had a rather good day at the bookies recently. In fact, 'good' is probably the understatement of the century. He actually won an incre

Mattress Mack and his winnings

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                        Sorry, to add^^^^

Everyone’s also about to see what JV is made of. Crane paid him a shade over 60 million for 2 years of basically nothing. To Verlander’s credit, he came back on a less than market value deal for a front line starter. Understandably so because he was coming off of TJ.

That said, is it about the money, or is it about the chance for more rings?

Heading into this offseason, there’s not too many teams better positioned to compete for them than the Astros are. Yeah, they could use a tweak here and there, but dam, 106 wins and two losses in the playoffs (including McCullers tipping), is pretty impressive
                        Verlander is hit or miss.....if he stays be committed. Otherwise bye bye!!! the TEAM is going to be good again in 23'........and another championship is NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION at all!!!
                        One more thing that has been on my mind since game 6. After all the talk about the roof being open killing Judges ball from being a home run, I wonder what the Yankees were thinking when Yordan showed em how to make sure it clears the fence.
                        That ball would still be going in any other park......lol!!! It was just crazy looking when it came off the bat....lol!
                        Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Im with this guy.

I really think Hunter Brown is gonna break loose soon. Im still amazed at what Pena did the entire season. I also thing theres plenty of seasoned players on the roster to run the team without JV
                        AGREED...........JV will not change what is coming!!!
                        Originally posted by canny View Post

Crane is acting like Jerry Jones. He feels his product on the field can win without the auxiliary components. This is a TEAM all the way down to the folks washing the towels. Crane is freaking me out honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                          Verlander is hit or miss.....if he stays be committed. Otherwise bye bye!!! the TEAM is going to be good again in 23'........and another championship is NOT OUT OF THE QUESTION at all!!!

That ball would still be going in any other park......lol!!! It was just crazy looking when it came off the bat....lol!

AGREED...........JV will not change what is coming!!!

Crane is acting like Jerry Jones. He feels his product on the field can win without the auxiliary components. This is a TEAM all the way down to the folks washing the towels. Crane is freaking me out honestly.

From what I read Click didn’t like the one year contract offer and went running his mouth at the GM meetings. If true then I don’t blame Crane for giving him the axe.

Comment

Stros are targeting Rizzo for first base evidently. I like it

Comment

It would certainly balance out the lineup a bit. I haven’t looked at his stats but I’m guessing if the Astros are interested he isn’t a high strike out guy. Also weakens the yanks even further.

Comment

Didn’t he bat .220 during the season? If so hail no!

Comment

Working...
                                X