New rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rifle

I want a new suppress-able bolt action hunting rifle.
    Any reason not to buy a Ruger American and trim
    off 4” of the barrel and have threaded? The Ruger ranch doesnt come in a caliber I have in stock already. But I like the stock.

Thanks.

BP

I really like the Bergara Ridge SP. I have a ruger American predator too. The Bergara is just a way better quality rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good idea and probably better option
      More than I had budgeted for a ranch/ daily carry
      Rugers have been dependable and accurate for us.

BP

Comment

I had the American in 30.06 and it was very finicky to feed. Just my .02

Comment

What caliber you thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by mkk View Post
            What caliber you thinking?
            Match the ammo I have. .243 or 6.5 creed

Comment

I tried that with a Ruger American .243.....took it down to 16" and it didn't shoot worth a crap. Just re-barreled it with a fast twist barrel for target shooting

I cut my 6.5 RAP down to 18" and re-threaded. Put it in a B&C stock, .5 moa rig

Comment

Ruger American is the best value deer rifle to come out in years. Hard to beat for the price.

Comment

Traded for this one
                  Ruger: American Rifle 6.5 Creedmoor with GoWild I-M Brush Camo Stock and 16 inch Barrel for sale at Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore.

The local Weakley Watson ACE hardware store owners and personnel are awesome.

Comment

I have a Christensen ridgeline in 308 I’d let go

Comment

Buy a Ruger American Predator in 6.5. Already threaded. I have one in 308, and it will shoot .5-.75” groups at 100 with my handloads if I do my part. They have their quirks, but it shoots well, and after I polished up the trigger and swapped the spring out it was a night and day difference. I don’t worry about it getting beat up, just a solid workhorse rifle.

The Bergara is a higher quality rifle, but at a higher cost.

Edit: Nevermind, see you swapped for a go wild.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
                        Buy a Ruger American Predator in 6.5. Already threaded. I have one in 308, and it will shoot .5-.75” groups at 100 with my handloads if I do my part. They have their quirks, but it shoots well, and after I polished up the trigger and swapped the spring out it was a night and day difference. I don’t worry about it getting beat up, just a solid workhorse rifle.

The Bergara is a higher quality rifle, but at a higher cost.

Edit: Nevermind, see you swapped for a go wild.
                        Totally agree on the “base” Ruger American. I have a .270 that’s money
                        Weakley Watson called 7 dealers and only one had the rifle I wanted. But that guy had a ton of them.

Comment

My experience with the Ruger American is they don't feed worth a dang. Wife 7 08 and my 6.5 both have feed issue. Magazines were **** poor design. I am a ruger fan

Comment

My Ruger American Ranch in 6.5 grendel has difficulty feeding from the mags. Pretty rough machining on the bolt as well.

Sent from my SM-A135U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BearStrike2010 View Post
                              I have a Christensen ridgeline in 308 I’d let go
                              ^^this is the way to go

Comment

Working...
                              X