Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has bought lumber in the past week or so?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has bought lumber in the past week or so?

Are prices at the big box stores lowering prices much yet? I haven't priced any in months and was wondering how far it had fallen off of last years highs.

I wouldn’t wait any longer. I would say the gamble to save percentage points more would not be worth the risk of a pricing spike again.

Comment

i bought some 2x3x8 for i think 2.73, and bought some smart panel for $39

Comment

3/8” treated plywood is still around $40-42/ea. sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
          I wouldn’t wait any longer. I would say the gamble to save percentage points more would not be worth the risk of a pricing spike again.
          Why would prices go back up? Recession coming, interest rates soaring and housing starts down.

I guess if there was a labor shortage or a transportation issue it could go back up but I would think lumber should be in a free fall for the next couple years. That is what I am counting on anyway.

I have been wrong many times before, but that is what I think.

Comment

That's what I think. You gotta have demand to get the prices they are now. I have noticed the Home Depot is raising prices on a lot of items over what Lowe's sells for and higher than specialty businesses.

Comment

I paid $11.38 per treated 2x4x8 this last March at HD.... that same board is $4.59.... Should have waited.

Comment

Lumber down plywood still high

Comment

Likely near the bottom now

Comment

We are building a house. Poured the slab and framed it the last week of September. I paid the lumber bill last week, and it was $30K below budget.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      We are building a house. Poured the slab and framed it the last week of September. I paid the lumber bill last week, and it was $30K below budget.
                      Crazy to think in 2016 I built a 3200 sq ft house, roughly 5k under roof and my whole lumber bill was barely over $30k.

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                        Crazy to think in 2016 I built a 3200 sq ft house, roughly 5k under roof and my whole lumber bill was barely over $30k.
                        Yep, times have changed for sure. Ours is 3,700' (plus big garage), and the lumber was $68K. That included Hardi siding all over, above a stone wainscot. So more than just framing. I don't know how much of the total the siding was.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                          Why would prices go back up? Recession coming, interest rates soaring and housing starts down.

I guess if there was a labor shortage or a transportation issue it could go back up but I would think lumber should be in a free fall for the next couple years. That is what I am counting on anyway.

I have been wrong many times before, but that is what I think.
                          I’m not saying I think it’ll go back up soon. Just that I don’t think it’s going to go down an incredible amount more from where it’s at so I don’t see the point in waiting any longer.

Pending what the lumber is being used for, other material costs could keep climbing during the wait as well.

Ex. Building a house. Lumber may be down but concrete ain’t, neither is drywall, same with appliances. I don’t see any of them going down anytime soon either.

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
                            3/8” treated plywood is still around $40-42/ea. sucks
                            I paid $65 a sheet last year for it.

Sent from my U304AA using Tapatalk

Comment

Treated or dimensional has come down, redwood and cedar, not so much

Bought 12 10’ 4x4 posts and 20 16’ 2x4 rough cedar. $1900! Redoing my deck and these are for the railing around the deck. Treated for the flooring and it is cheaper now than 8-12 months ago.

Anyone want to come help are welcomed. I can furnish food and beer.

Comment

Working...
                              X