No announcement yet.

Broadhead damage thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old cheap Kolpin specifically for a pig. Found him the next day. Cut a good hole in him. Coyote was collateral damage when he didn’t see me coming with a 222 in hand during recovery today.
    Attached Files

Comment

I used a G5 Megameat broadhead on my buck from last week. That big 2” cut sure pops a big entry hole.
      Attached Files

Comment

Knock off Schwacker 100 grain.

Entrance

Exit

Entrance

Exit

Inside the chest cavity

There are 2 wounds there. I guess the head backed out as she ran, then pushed back through as she fell.

Broadhead did not survive the encounter.

Pretty good performance for a dollar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sevr 2.0

Both are from a Sevr 2.0 125. Buck went 25 yards, doe made it about 30. Both heads reusable with new blades. Full pass through on both, 485gr TAW.
          Attached Files

Comment

MegaMeat entrance
            Broke offside shoulder and broadhead exited
            Ran 40-50 yards and expired.

Comment

100 grain MegaMeat

Comment

Originally posted by rjtkdplus View Post
                Knock off Schwacker 100 grain.

Entrance

Exit

Entrance

Exit

Inside the chest cavity

There are 2 wounds there. I guess the head backed out as she ran, then pushed back through as she fell.

Broadhead did not survive the encounter.

Pretty good performance for a dollar!

That’s a pretty good testimony for a knock off broadhead. Did you get them from Walmart or Amazon? Do they fly same as your field points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                  That’s a pretty good testimony for a knock off broadhead. Did you get them from Walmart or Amazon? Do they fly same as your field points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  I thought the same thing, got them on EBAY. The only problem with them is some of the blades weren't as sharp as they should have been out of the box so I sharpened them. Yes, they fly the same as my field points.

Comment

My son shot this doe with a rage hypodermic out of a sniper 370 at 20 yrds this past Sunday morning. Blew through and put a hole in my feeder leg and the tip wasn't even bent or anything. Amazing hole and blood trail. Love me hypodermic's.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Grim Reaper Carni-Four! Best broadheads out there. I’ve shot two deer this season and neither made it past 30 yards!

Entrance first, exit last. Hard quartering to me shot. Arrow was buried deep in dirt on off side.

Comment

Raptortrick. 150lb pig. Didn’t bleed for first 75 yards
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ramcat Hydroshock: After shooting a hill country doe through the back of the lungs/liver, there was good blood for the first 30-40 feet, then a trickle, then a pile of blood where she laid down, then nothing. She clotted up and sealed off. Never found her. Then this past weekend in south TX, I made a textbook double lung shot on a good size buck at 24 yards. Hardly any blood, just little drops every 5-10 feet for 80 yards until he died in the middle of the ranch road. Lots of blood where he died, be he’d clotted up, too. When cleaning him, his entire cavity looked like one big chunk of liver because it was so clotted. I was really excited about these broadheads, but now I’m not sure what to think. Huge holes & wound channel, but hardly any blood trail. I may be going back to a Rage. Anybody have similar experiences with the Ramcat?

Comment

Slick Trick "1 1/8 100gr.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                              Ramcat Hydroshock: After shooting a hill country doe through the back of the lungs/liver, there was good blood for the first 30-40 feet, then a trickle, then a pile of blood where she laid down, then nothing. She clotted up and sealed off. Never found her. Then this past weekend in south TX, I made a textbook double lung shot on a good size buck at 24 yards. Hardly any blood, just little drops every 5-10 feet for 80 yards until he died in the middle of the ranch road. Lots of blood where he died, be he’d clotted up, too. When cleaning him, his entire cavity looked like one big chunk of liver because it was so clotted. I was really excited about these broadheads, but now I’m not sure what to think. Huge holes & wound channel, but hardly any blood trail. I may be going back to a Rage. Anybody have similar experiences with the Ramcat?

Aim 4” lower and you should have blood

Comment

Here are a couple recent ones.

The doe was shot with the Reaper Whitetail Extremes. She didn't go anywhere and we watched her fall over. Probably the best blood trail I've seen in the last 4-5 years. Don't need the trail when you watch 'em drop but still fun to look at. Only thing I've seen killed with these and was surprised at the exit hole. I thought it would be much bigger than it actually was. Did the job though

Click image for larger version

Name:	AF6BE866-EC9C-498B-BC6D-5301B0E5E621.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	24700222

Name:	05091830-1564-40F9-B120-9BE59667F036.jpeg
Size:	210.5 KB
ID:	24700223

Name:	9B097B56-288B-4C2C-8CDE-7B30539CBC90.jpeg
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	24700224

This buck was shot with the big Sevr. Love the ridiculous entrance holes with these things. Battery was the only thing I had around for reference when I was processing him

Name:	F177B3C4-4D21-43A4-B896-46A40728CE23.jpeg
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	24700225

Name:	202E212D-FB46-4C5B-9D22-3B7E971E0FE7.jpeg
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	24700226

Comment

Working...