No announcement yet.

Daughter won Kerr wma youth management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are yall going to stay? Mo Ranch has a campground right across the road. Don't think there are rv hookups but there are camp sites and some little huts.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtfish View Post
      When I told them they both won the hunt their faces lit up especially my buddy's daughter because she said she hasn't been able to harvest a deer yet, so I'm hoping she can drawn her 1st blood.

Looking forward to meeting you Z7buckmaster.
      Thats awesome i bet they both will get one. Make sure and bring some alfalfa. They ate the corn we put out but loved the alfalfa!

Comment

Looking to stay at Kerrville-Schreiner Park in a cabin. I want to keep it as much of an outdoor adventure I can but still have my own shower.

Comment

I drew the gun hunt for Nov 8-10. Would love to hear how your hunt goes the weeks before and any pointers. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
            I drew the gun hunt for Nov 8-10. Would love to hear how your hunt goes the weeks before and any pointers. Good luck!
            Congrats thats an awesome hunt to draw!

Comment

Excited to hear how y’all do! Have they told you anything about blind assignments yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

How's yall do on the hunt?

Comment

It was a good hunt, Kerr has 1st class facilities. The staff were great and super helpful with explaining the hunt areas and all questions anyone asked. My daughter and I saw 6 different deer between the 2 hunts and only 1 doe presented her with a shot. My friend and his daughter saw more but was unable to connect with any. We hunted in E. Love compartment and had a nice fiberglass deer blind the other 2 in our area would keep water off of you and hidden but a little small to hunt 2 people. The deer cleaning area is set up so we can clean about 6 deer at a time all on a trolley with chain hoist, 2 stainless tables w/ sink, water hoses and their tractor standing by so you can put the carcasses and they haul away. The have a walk in cooler for cold overnight storage and a ice machine.

Comment

It was a good hunt, Kerr has 1st class facilities. The staff were great and super helpful with explaining the hunt areas and all questions anyone asked. My daughter and I saw 6 different deer between the 2 hunts and only 1 doe presented her with a shot. My friend and his daughter saw more but was unable to connect with any. We hunted in E. Love compartment and had a nice fiberglass deer blind the other 2 in our area would keep water off of you and hidden but a little small to hunt 2 people. The deer cleaning area is set up so we can clean about 6 deer at a time all on a trolley with chain hoist, 2 stainless tables w/ sink, water hoses and their tractor standing by so you can put the carcasses and they haul away. The have a walk in cooler for cold overnight storage and a ice machine.

Cleaning facilities seem first class!

Comment

Great meeting you brother, both my girls manage to connect a shot on a young spike. We only saw spikes and a really nice 10pt. They each got almost identical deer.
                      Attached Files

Comment

[ATTACH]1107777[/ATTACH]

Comment

That's awesome! Are they twins?

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                            That's awesome! Are they twins?
                            No sir 9yo and 11yo

Comment

Just got back from my Gun Deer Either hunt at Kerr. This is a great facility, but the full moon, high winds, and 80 degree temps made it a tough hunt to get it done in 48 hours. 6 hunters total and 2 bucks (120" 8 with a split G2 & an old 110'" ten point) were the only bucks that were taken. I shot a coyote and one other hunter shot a doe. Took 19 points to draw this hunt, but nothing is a sure thing!

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
                                Just got back from my Gun Deer Either hunt at Kerr. This is a great facility, but the full moon, high winds, and 80 degree temps made it a tough hunt to get it done in 48 hours. 6 hunters total and 2 bucks (120" 8 with a split G2 & an old 110'" ten point) were the only bucks that were taken. I shot a coyote and one other hunter shot a doe. Took 19 points to draw this hunt, but nothing is a sure thing!
                                Hunted in North Owl pasture. All hunters were in the middle 4 pastures for this hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X