Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder what flying fish eat?��

Comment

I’ve got jigs and flying fish! I didn’t get any leaders or hooks for chunk bait. I guess I can get that at fhe marina if I need it! Dons gonna smoke some ribs and chicken wings and I can bring a couple cases of waters. I’m assuming bottled beer is a no go on this trip? I’m good with cans. My favorite beer is cold beer and someone’s else’s!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
        I’ve got jigs and flying fish! I didn’t get any leaders or hooks for chunk bait. I guess I can get that at fhe marina if I need it! Dons gonna smoke some ribs and chicken wings and I can bring a couple cases of waters. I’m assuming bottled beer is a no go on this trip? I’m good with cans. My favorite beer is cold beer and someone’s else’s!!
        The boat has leader material and hooks so your good! No bottles and the ribs and wings sound great! Gonna be a good time!

Comment

9/0

Had to do something to make the 9/0 feel at home with all them shiny reels. Made a paracord rod leash with 150lb clip and built a old school leather drag tab. I checked it with a scale and I can add 9 to 10lbs of drag if needed. That was with a full spool
          Attached Files
          Last edited by jhunter77; 10-11-2022, 10:33 AM.

Comment

That is cool. Have not seen one of those since I was a kid and brother shark fished.

Comment

Thanks Glen. I may modify it some. Add some sacrifical leather pads to it so it's a little longer. Thought it may stretch a little more.

Comment

This should work better.

Added sacrificial pad and made it a hair longer and thicker. This should allow me to reach the center of the spool. The brass Chicago screws can't hit the line due to the reel frame.
                Attached Files

Comment

One of Tim’s kinfolks Blake was at Palestine today pre fishing for the E Tx crappie masters series next weekend. I told him I was gonna miss it for a tuna trip hopefully! One I told him it was a 56 hour trip he said you in the dolphin express! Said they had 100lb fish on top water last trip out! That sounds insane.

Comment

Sounds like fun

Comment

Nice

Comment

One of Tim’s kinfolks Blake was at Palestine today pre fishing for the E Tx crappie masters series next weekend. I told him I was gonna miss it for a tuna trip hopefully! One I told him it was a 56 hour trip he said you in the dolphin express! Said they had 100lb fish on top water last trip out! That sounds insane.
                        Its pretty crazy to watch those blow up on a topwater! I can't wait to see some new faces experience it! Gonna be a good time!

Comment

We've been wanting to make a trip over east to fish with Blake. Him and my little brother went to school together. Known him and his family for years. Timmy definitely knows his stuff down at Port A and can put you on fish.

Comment

All packed up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post
                              All packed up!!

Probably be half gone by the time we pick you up in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                                Probably be half gone by the time we pick you up in the morning

So??

Comment

Working...
                                X