No announcement yet.

San Antonio Vehicle break ins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We shoot there also several times a year. They love Fords.

Last hotel we stayed at had a sign that said... if you drive a Ford please let us know so we can make arrangements. That one had "security" at night driving the parking lot in golf carts.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

I won’t drive my F-150 into SA we take my wife’s car anytime we have to go even if for a day trip.

I would stay alittle further out and drive to the event or as suggested take a rental

Comment

Originally posted by borstar1 View Post
        If you’ll be at the national shhoting complex find something out towards Medina lake or castroville. Not too far away and safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        This. Should be tons of decent Airbnb's in the area. I think they allow RVs there also don't they? I used to see a hundred or so in the lot some weekends. You could rent an RV for the trip and stay on site.

Comment

Leave it unlocked and empty. I had to leave my truck overnight in a parking lot over there near alamo ranch the other day. I employed this tactic and wrote “nada” on a piece of paper and stuck it on the window. Seemed to do the trick.

Comment

It’s bad right now. I know someone that just had their Super Duty stolen a few days ago. I wouldn’t tempt leaving my truck parked very long anywhere around San Antonio especially if you have to leave valuables inside.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
              Is there a website that shows the crime statistics for different hotels in San Antonio?

I head to the national sporting clays tournament every year about this time and am always reluctant to stay at any of the nearby hotels because my truck was broken in to back in 09.

Some years I find other places to stay besides a hotel but this year it didn't work out and am going to have to stay in a hotel.

Of course I don't leave guns or valuables in the vehicle but that doesn't keep someone from bashing out my window to look in the glove box.

Anyway, back to the original question... Can I look at police reports somewhere that will tell me which hotels are the safest and have the least number of break ins?

Thanks
              Stay at my 3BDR/2Bath AirBNB in a gated community off 1604 near Helotes.

Comment

I’d suggest you stay in Castroville. Fairly close, no traffic to and from the Complex and less crime.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  This. Should be tons of decent Airbnb's in the area. I think they allow RVs there also don't they? I used to see a hundred or so in the lot some weekends. You could rent an RV for the trip and stay on site.
                  Yes, you are correct. I have done both these options in the past. My preference is to stay on the grounds in an RV.

Because of some last minute changes to one of my shooting buddies schedule, I had to change mine and it is too late to do much other than get a hotel this year. I was just trying to find the safest one. I will not drive my truck though.

Thanks for the info and input everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOKNBULLET2 View Post
                    I’d suggest you stay in Castroville. Fairly close, no traffic to and from the Complex and less crime.
                    You can get some Parisa from Dzuik's while you're there.

Comment

they have gun storage on sight you can rent.

The RV spaces were probably full in march

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        they have gun storage on sight you can rent.

The RV spaces were probably full in march
                        Yes, my guns stay there no matter where I go.

Getting something stolen is not the issue because there wont be anything to steal except my car. I just don't want my windows broken out again.
                        Last edited by HuntForHorns; 10-17-2022, 08:14 PM.

Comment

My FIL And his girl friend had their trucks broken into and stolen last night. Both f250 in SA

Comment

Look for a Vrbo or Airbnb. If not I would stay at the Marriott Hill country resort, it a longer drive but I heard from some others they never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The last two times my kid shot san antonio rodeo shoot there we stayed at the hyatt regency resort without issues.

Comment

My BIL had his Ford Raptor broken in to at a nice hotel at The Rim in San Antonio. They were not able to steal it but they were able to bypass the alarm system. He is still trying to figure that one out. He supposedly had state of the art equipment. I guess the thieves have that figured out already.

Comment

Working...
                                X