No announcement yet.

East Texas Taxidermist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife’s cousin is a 2nd generation taxidermist in Lufkin, and does AWESOME work. Clayton Collmorgan taxidermy in Lufkin. He has a lot posted on FB. Reasonable price, quick turnaround, and I guide some hunts on several high fence places around ETX on the side and all the ranches use him exclusively.

Comment

Sportsman’s memory in Grapeland does really good work as well

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
        Thanks!

Thank you sir. I’ve seen Manghams work on FB. He does good work. Haven’t heard of Reisinger. How should I search for him on FB.

Any website or social media page?
        Johnny Reisinger

Johnny Risinger is on Facebook. Join Facebook to connect with Johnny Risinger and others you may know. Facebook gives people the power to share and makes the world more open and connected.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          I’ve had two bucks done by Johnny, and his work is great. He’s a compulsive liar though, and I’ll never use him again.

Lee Richards in Nacogdoches does at least as good of a job (maybe better) and does exactly what he tells you he’ll do. Absolutely no BS with him.

I’ve had several done by Sportsman’s Memory, and in my opinion, their work isn’t quite as good, but they get the mounts out a little quicker and again no BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Cody Burks
            Heads Up Taxidermy
            2400 West Upshuer
            Gladewater, TX
            903-424-8775

OR

Allen's Taxidermy Studio
            226-B Rusk St (Hwy 271)
            Pittsburg, TX

903-767-7153

They both do great work.
            Yea, Allen’s does great work. He’s usually always packed to the gills. Or at least used to be. You’re in White Oak. I used Randy Chapman before. White Oak Taxidermy. Man he was good.

Comment

Yea, Allen’s does great work. He’s usually always packed to the gills. Or at least used to be. You’re in White Oak. I used Randy Chapman before. White Oak Taxidermy. Man he was good.
              Any high end, full time, taxidermy shop in Texas most likely will be packed to the gills.. The fulltime shops that arent are the ones to most definitely avoid..

Comment

Any high end, full time, taxidermy shop in Texas most likely will be packed to the gills.. The fulltime shops that arent are the ones to most definitely avoid..
                I should know that lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
                  I’ve had two bucks done by Johnny, and his work is great. He’s a compulsive liar though, and I’ll never use him again.

Lee Richards in Nacogdoches does at least as good of a job (maybe better) and does exactly what he tells you he’ll do. Absolutely no BS with him.

I’ve had several done by Sportsman’s Memory, and in my opinion, their work isn’t quite as good, but they get the mounts out a little quicker and again no BS.
                  LOL.. 90% of hunters are too... Well maybe just 80%...

Comment

LOL.. 90% of hunters are too... Well maybe just 80%...
                    Maybe so, but I’m not paying somebody to bald face lie to me multiple times.

Edit to add. I don’t dislike Johnny, but I know I can’t trust him to do what he says he’d do.
                    Last edited by retrieverman; 09-17-2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      I use a guy named Brian. I believe AC uses him too. He's in magnolia I think he does great work if you want his info pm me

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Yep. He’s been mounting my animals for over 20 years

Comment

I use a guy named Brian. I believe AC uses him too. He's in magnolia I think he does great work if you want his info pm me

What you doing at a taxidermist? Sons deer??

Comment

Another thing you really have some very nice deer in your avatar

Here’s a non-avatar shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had Randy Chapman do a euro skull mount for me a few years ago and did a good job. He is not in the same place, so I don't know where he is.

I seriously recommend Cody Burk. Does good work and a good dude. Go check him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              I had Randy Chapman do a euro skull mount for me a few years ago and did a good job. He is not in the same place, so I don't know where he is.

I seriously recommend Cody Burk. Does good work and a good dude. Go check him out.
                              He and his wife had bought some property and they moved and built a shop. Then got dealt some health issues and he had to shut it down. Unfortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                The Sportsmans Memory Shop in Grapeland has mounted 5 deer for my dad and me in the last 4 years. They do really great work and we’ve been very pleased (and they don’t take forever to get your animal(s) back).
                                X3 for Sportsman’s memory shop in Grapeland

Comment

Working...
                                X