Live Anywhere for a summer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live Anywhere for a summer

I'm looking for recommendations on where to live for a summer.

Must haves:
    close proximity to a Ton of lakes, streams, or rivers accessible by canoe, I will not tow the boat.
    Northern Fish preferrred, (pike, walleye, small mouth, trout etc)
    Amenities a small family would need
    Wifi, as I would have to work
    Bonus points for proximity to other sites to visit (national parks, historical sites etc).

I'm leaning towards Central Maine or northern Minnesota, but are there any other ideas out there?

Without a doubt for me it would be Northern Minnesota. Spent a lot of time up there in 1-2 week increments. I centered around Nevis/ Lake Bell Taine and worked my way out... There is a smorgasbord of hidden gems lake wise with very little pressure plus you aren't far from the big lakes like Leech and Winnebigosh if you want to go go chase some big pike and muskies.. We caught the heck out of smallmouths, largemouths, walleye, northern pike, yellow perch, crappie, big 8" "sunnies" for my 9 of making the trip.
    Last edited by Smart; 08-16-2022, 12:35 PM.

Comment

Alaska

Comment

For me it would be Western Wyoming... Only driven through the area but with a short drive I could be in Montana, Colorado, Utah, and Idaho. Fly fishing trout and the mountains would be the reason.

Comment

Wyoming has all that and mountains.
          Eastern side has the walleye, small mouth, large mouth , perch and other warm water species, come a little west for big trout and the mountains.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Without a doubt for me it would be Northern Minnesota. Spent a lot of time up there in 1-2 week increments. I centered around Nevis/ Lake Bell Taine and worked my way out... There is a smorgasbord of hidden gems lake wise with very little pressure plus you aren't far from the big lakes like Leech and Winnebigosh if you want to go go chase some big pike and muskies.. We caught the heck out of smallmouths, largemouths, walleye, northern pike, yellow perch, crappie, big 8" "sunnies" for my 9 of making the trip.
            Very interesting.. Tons of lakes that direction

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
              Very interesting.. Tons of lakes that direction

The Land of 10,000 lakes....and thats just those with boat access.. My buddy up there says its more like 15,000.

Comment

Around Dryden, Ontario in Canada. If you think northern Minnesota has a lot of fishing spots you aint seen anything until you cross into Canada.

Comment

The company I work for has an opening in St Paul right now

Comment

What is the weather like up there in the summer? What months were you there? I don't guess it is as hot as it is here but is it humid since there are so many lakes? Were the mosquitos bad?

Comment

Without a doubt for me it would be Northern Minnesota.
                      What Jason said. It's beautiful there and you're never far from a lake that holds fish.

Comment

North East some where

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bitterroot Valley

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                            Alaska
                            Hands down, drop mic and walk off stage.

Comment

Originally posted by jlp04c View Post
                              I'm looking for recommendations on where to live for a summer.

Must haves:
                              close proximity to a Ton of lakes, streams, or rivers accessible by canoe, I will not tow the boat.
                              Northern Fish preferrred, (pike, walleye, small mouth, trout etc)
                              Amenities a small family would need
                              Wifi, as I would have to work
                              Bonus points for proximity to other sites to visit (national parks, historical sites etc).

I'm leaning towards Central Maine or northern Minnesota, but are there any other ideas out there?
                              Work at a fishing lodge in Canada.

Comment

Working...
                              X