Anyone have new Ford Ranger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have new Ford Ranger?

Had one for a rental this past weekend was really impressed with it. Does anyone own one? Thoughts on it?

On of our our coaches has one and loves it. Roomie front seat. I didn’t get in the back

Comment

They look good inside and out.

Comment

My son in law has one. Nice truck & he really likes it. Hasn't had any issues with it.

Comment

Looked at them for fun. Price the same as a full size truck.

Comment

I have a XLT with the FX4 package/leather and love it so far, my wife drives it 90% of the time as I also have a company vehicle. We have been very happy with it, we only nave 2000 miles on it so time will further tell.

So far i am loving the drive train, interior, and drive. Im not saying its better than toyota but i like it more than my the tacoma and 4 runner i previously owned.

We purchased the week after Christmas and took advantage of the discounts, drove out low 30's.

Comment

Thanks I appreciate the feedback

Comment

I loved my ‘09 and the new ones look good but you can buy an f150 for the price they want for the Rangers these day and mpg is about the same

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                  Looked at them for fun. Price the same as a full size truck.
                  x2

Doesn't make sense when you get the interior room of the F150. The F150 backseat is huuuuuuge and the Ranger's is pretty much useless.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                    x2

Doesn't make sense when you get the interior room of the F150. The F150 backseat is huuuuuuge and the Ranger's is pretty much useless.
                    x2

Comment

I am 6'0" and my knees were and inch from the dash with the seat moved all the way back. And I couldn't get into the back seat with the driver seat all the way back.

OP, as others said, I would go F-150 over Ranger for the price.

Comment

I like the looks of the new Ranger and the 4 cylinder Ecoboost engine really impressed me. When comparing the F 150's to the Rangers equally equipped, you will find that the Ranger is priced less. I get anywhere from 15-19 mpg on my Ecoboost F 150's and expect that I would get a little more than that with the Ranger. I currently own two F 150's and love the interior room that you will not have in the new Ranger. I also have a 2005 Ranger FX4 for knocking around Menard. It has the 4 liter engine and does not get much better mileage than my 150's. I do not own one of the new Rangers and will be interested to see what folks say about them after they have driven them a year or two.
                        Adios,
                        Gary

Comment

A guy that I work with has one. He likes it. I've ridden in it and it's nice. He didn't need a full size truck (doesn't pull anything and he's single) but did need the bed for dogs and general things. He lives in the city and it gets in and out of parking spots good.

Comment

I have a friend who works at a Ford dealership and I asked him how they were selling since coming out. He told me not as good as they had hoped and I asked him the reason. He went on to tell me the price difference between a Ranger and F150 was not a big enough spread to get people to choose the Ranger in most cases.
                            Unless someone just wants to drive a smaller truck, he said the majority of people will opt for the F150.
                            I told him if they leveled them, put on some "meaty" tires etc. they would probably appeal to more people. I like a lot of things about this truck but they way they look from the factory, they are a "grocery getter" at a premium price.

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                              I have a friend who works at a Ford dealership and I asked him how they were selling since coming out. He told me not as good as they had hoped and I asked him the reason. He went on to tell me the price difference between a Ranger and F150 was not a big enough spread to get people to choose the Ranger in most cases.
                              Unless someone just wants to drive a smaller truck, he said the majority of people will opt for the F150.
                              I told him if they leveled them, put on some "meaty" tires etc. they would probably appeal to more people. I like a lot of things about this truck but they way they look from the factory, they are a "grocery getter" at a premium price.
                              I agree, with a few upgrades this could be a much tougher looking and performing truck.
                              Adios,
                              Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X