Trophy Axis Outfitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trophy Axis Outfitter

Well I jokingly sent my wife a picture of a 30"+ Axis, and asked if she would like to go somewhere an try and kill one for our anniversary. To my surprise she was all for it, now I have right at a month to do the impossible to find and book an outfitter that has a decent herd of Axis.
    She has hunted with me many times over the last 11 or so years and killed her first deer(spike), couple does and pigs during that time, but she never got the chance at a good buck.

We share the same mindset, that WE didn't have children to be other ppl's responsibility so with 2 kids under two her chances to go are few and far between.
    Our anniversary is about the only event, we ask the grandparents to keep the kids for the weekend.
    I'd really like to get her on a nice axis, to keep her interest alive.
    Any leads on good Axis outfitters is greatly appreciated!

From my experience most herds are in velvet or fixing to shed. By March/April you should find one but best times are May/June Rut

One of my bucks is almost fully developed now.

Shoot Gladesgator a PM. I killed a 35"+ at his place.

Comment

Thanks Antlers86! Wasn't sure when they shed their velvet but knew it'd be cutting it close.

Comment

www.BigDropranch.com I killed a 33" x 33" there.

Comment

Jimbo- Lone Oak Adventures
          210-844-9295

Comment

I’ve hunted Laguna Vista ranch in pearsal tx they have a great lodge and the staff and guide were great. I got a 34in axis with my bow and saw several bigger that could of been killed with a rifle.

Comment

My brother killed a big one with pope brothers in junction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you can push it back until late May, June or July, I’d go to OX Ranch. It’d be a great vacation/hunting trip for an anniversary weekend. I’m going to try and get the wife and kids there next summer, I’m booked this summer or we’d be going.

Comment

Mr Scott Meadow has some great Axis and has hunters cabins also.

Comment

Thanks for all the info guys!

Comment

Seth Manship, hands down.
                      Poverty Canyon is top notch and I think it will suit your needs for anniversary as well. You wont find another lodge like it and the meals and alcohol are included. Shoot me a PM if you want his number.

Comment

Call Daniel @ Black Eagle Ranch in Kerrville 830 928 3161

They have some of the best axis I have ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by mfarmer View Post
                          jimbo- lone oak adventures
                          210-844-9295
                          x2000000

Comment

What is your budget should been folks first Question!!

Comment

You will not be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                              X