No announcement yet.

Dallas safari club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not going to have a booth this year but I'll probably go to look around.

Comment

I normally go, but will not be able to make it over this year. Always a great show and a good time.

Comment

When is the show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
          When is the show?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Kay Bailey Hutchison Center Dallas
          Jan 9-12

Comment

I’m planning on going and hanging out in the African Arrow Safaris booth. Yes there are a lot of discounted hunts for signing up at the show. You’ll just have to have a good idea of what dates you have available. Last year I talked to multiple outfitters planning on a trip for 2020. A week later African Arrow Safaris emailed about a cancellation they had and I was able to go at the end of July 2019.

Comment

I plan on being there on Friday. Incredible show.

Comment

Maybe. All depends on when we are going to close on our house in the Temple/Rogers area!

Comment

I'll be there from Sunday to Sunday working and staying at the Omni. I will be in and out of the hall everyday and at the dinners in the evenings.

Comment

Always go on Friday early .....

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                      historically are there any "show specials" on hunts if you book them at this event?
                      Codie,

Yes, there are lots of show specials. As these are generally big trips for me, I start my planning a year or two in advance. I spend time researching outfitters, go to the show and interview them all, get all my questions answered and get comfortable with an outfitter. That's usually when I make my decision. Then, the following year (while I'm interview for future hunts) I will book the one I decided on from the previous year. You can generally save thousands if done properly. The last trip I booked there was for NZ and I was able to upgrade the package for free and was able to bring my wife along, also for free. All in all, it saved me about $6k. Same with Africa. Can usually get discounted lodging with an extra animal or two thrown in. As mentioned, it may be difficult to meet your time frame as some of the "specials" are for non peak dates, and/or current year, but if you have flexibility, you can absolutely save some good money. I try to book at the shows every year, even from my regular outfitters.

Comment

Love the show. Make it every year.

Comment

I’ll be there Friday and Saturday.

Comment

My dad and I will be there Saturday looking for an elk outfitter and probably set up a NZ hunt while we’re there

Comment

I’ll be there Thursday and Friday. Thursday is our 27th anniversary, so my wife will be coming with me. I’m just a hopeless romantic.

Comment

I’ll be there Thurs-Sat hoping to find a deal on a Dall Sheep hunt. While I’m there I’ve been working on a pretty slick hunting app and would love to get some feedback if anyone is interested in chatting on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X