Behind the quad trailer build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
    I guess you could chop and weld axel and then use shackles if u wanted the atv tires, but not sure what that would do to capacity. If you left the trailer tires on it that comes with the kit you could foam fill them and maybe that would work.

Hadn’t thought of the foam idea. But I do like the ATV tires...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
      I have one I built like that with the wheels under the bed. For hauling corn it’s OK. But anything more and the cg is too high and it’s really unstable. I’m considering extending the axle and dropping the bed down on the axle.

I was wondering about the CoG. Last thing I need is everything on the trailer dumping a not the creek and taking me with it!

Comment

Very nice, like the expanded metal all around it.

Comment

She’s still performing like a champ. Sunday I loaded her down with 1,200 lbs of feed and then drove miles thru the mountains to get to my feeder. No issues at all and pulled great. Total work-horse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Lurch0000 View Post
            I was wondering about the CoG. Last thing I need is everything on the trailer dumping a not the creek and taking me with it!

With the quad tires it’s super wide and stable. We go thru some hairy spots and washouts and never an issue. I can see how it could be unstable with the factory wheels tires.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

I followed this build as a model for my build. It’s a game changer for sure ! Hauling corn, my buck and my sons buck. My buddy snatched it anytime I’m not hooked on to it ...... lol he’s ready to build his own now.
                Thanks

Last edited by Texas8point; 05-08-2019, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
                  I followed this build as a model for my build. It’s a game changer for sure ! Hauling corn, my buck and my sons buck. My buddy snatched it anytime I’m not hooked on to it ...... lol he’s ready to build his own now.
                  Thanks

Nicely done!!!

Comment

Still going strong.

Comment

I really have an itch to put one of these together. Might make this my next project.

Comment

With the extended rack on the Honda quad, the trailer and rack were rubbing when going through dips and during hard turns. Didn’t want a kid to lose a finger while riding.
                        Took the dive last night by taking the PortA-ban saw and cutting the hitch off and extending the neck 8” using two pieces of channel. Now she has plenty clearance.

Comment

Working...
                        X