Who owns a 2019 or 2020 Tacoma 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who owns a 2019 or 2020 Tacoma 4x4

Trying to get some feedback on them. I’ve got a 22ft boat I’ll pull once in a while curious if it can handle it. How’s the gas mileage? Found a TRD for what looks to be around 34k out the door. Thanks

Originally posted by chancito1 View Post
    Trying to get some feedback on them. I’ve got a 22ft boat I’ll pull once in a while curious if it can handle it. How’s the gas mileage? Found a TRD for what looks to be around 34k out the door. Thanks
    My dad has a 2019. While I’m sure it will pull it, the boat ramp might be a different story.

Comment

I wouldn’t recommend it, but back in college I pulled a 22ft wakeboard boat ALOT of miles with a ‘07 Tacoma. Used some steep sketchy ramps too. Just don’t let the tires get bald lol.
      Last edited by CP121; 02-25-2020, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Huge differences between 2019 and 2020 model Tacomas.

I chose to get the 2020. It’s my third Tacoma. I would not pull my 22’ Illusion with it.

I’ve owned 2 Tundras and there is not much difference in MPG between the Tacoma and the Tundra.

The Tundra will however pull your 22’ boat no problems and anything else you needed pulled up to about 10k lbs.
        Last edited by HOOKNBULLET2; 02-25-2020, 04:33 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

How's the gas mileage, that made me spit my coffee everywhere [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 19 TRD Off-Road. The gas mileage isn't great at all for a small truck but I knew that before I bought it. I haven't pulled anything with it yet. The new engines have all of their power in the higher RPM range so it is a high revving engine. I see lots of guys pulling things like boats with them so they are capable.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              How's the gas mileage, that made me spit my coffee everywhere [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
              with 22 foots behind it, Id say about 6 MPG down hill with a tailwind

FTR, I pull my ranger 100 miles on a 14' trailer once or twice a year that's it and all it wants. Mine is a 2006

Comment

I understand the 2020 have an electric seat?

May look at them now, was just too hard to get comfortable in my 2016

Comment

What kind of boat? I see lots of Tacomas with bigger bay boats at the boat ramp. I think the tow rating on those is around 7k#s. Most of the bay boats weight in around 1200-1500#s. You probably won’t get good mileage but shouldn’t have any issues with the weight of a boat.

Comment

I'm sure it will pull the boat if not too far. When I lived in south LA I knew a guy w a 25' cabin boat he pulled w a minivan, never had problem when I was with him....lol

Comment

Are you towing down the street or on the highway for hours?

My old Tacoma made the trip to LA towing a 20' wakeboard boat one time. Never tried it again and sold the truck. My 2016 4runner has no issue launching a buddies 23' Sanger but I only haul it a few blocks. No way I would go on the highway with it. It does however haul my 17.5' Cajun Special easily.

Comment

I haven't had any problems pulling 3500 lbs on a trailer at highway speeds over long distances. No complaints about Tacoma's towing for hauling tractors, tanks and feed around.

Comment

Sorry should have clarified, not worried about mileage pulling my bay boat, it’s in a lift unless I’m taking it the 30 miles for service. Haven’t owned a small truck before just want to make it can at least handle pulling it without being an absolute dog. Gas mileage as far as empty is what I was referring too. If it’s as bad as a Tundra I’ll stick with what I have. I’ve got 3 buddies all with newer Tundras and none of them get better than 13 on the highway. Like those a lot but with as much driving I do they would break me. Was hoping Tacoma was closer to 20 on highway

Comment

my 2018 Taco 6v 2 wheel drive gets 18 on the hwy avg if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by chancito1 View Post
                              Sorry should have clarified, not worried about mileage pulling my bay boat, it’s in a lift unless I’m taking it the 30 miles for service. Haven’t owned a small truck before just want to make it can at least handle pulling it without being an absolute dog. Gas mileage as far as empty is what I was referring too. If it’s as bad as a Tundra I’ll stick with what I have. I’ve got 3 buddies all with newer Tundras and none of them get better than 13 on the highway. Like those a lot but with as much driving I do they would break me. Was hoping Tacoma was closer to 20 on highway
                              I drive a 2016 Tacoma 35 miles to work & back everyday, I average between 20-22 mpg per trip. Mostly highway but some city roads/stop & go as well, and I am fairly heavy footed. Not great, but dang sure better than 13 mpgs, that's horrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X