Tonight’s Sit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight’s Sit

Rolled up about 6:45 and got situated, Windows down , towel on the outside mirror for a rest, AR and thermal locked and loaded. About 15 later I scan East and watch the pig parade across the fence-28 of them.

Do a quick scan and nothing at the feeder. Drink a bit of coffee, nibble on a cookie, swat at a ‘skeeter, then do another scan. Target—12 o’clock, 90 yds!

Hang up the hand scanner, put on the earmuffs and snuggle up to the rifle and turn on the scope. Good-sized one but it is either head on or tail on so I wait. Doesn’t this long for him to turn broadside and I click off the safety, settle in, take my calming breath, squeeze it off. Hang, flop, peddle peddle kick the feeder leg (ding ding ding) and it’s over.

Gonna sit until my buddy on the other side of the ridge calls it a night just in case. Pictures to follow when I get home.

Good for you bad for him....

Comment

Another one kicks the leg...

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
        Rolled up about 6:45 and got situated, Windows down , towel on the outside mirror for a rest, AR and thermal locked and loaded. About 15 later I scan East and watch the pig parade across the fence-28 of them.

Do a quick scan and nothing at the feeder. Drink a bit of coffee, nibble on a cookie, swat at a ‘skeeter, then do another scan. Target—12 o’clock, 90 yds!

Hang up the hand scanner, put on the earmuffs and snuggle up to the rifle and turn on the scope. Good-sized one but it is either head on or tail on so I wait. Doesn’t this long for him to turn broadside and I click off the safety, settle in, take my calming breath, squeeze it off. Hang, flop, peddle peddle kick the feeder leg (ding ding ding) and it’s over.

Gonna sit until my buddy on the other side of the ridge calls it a night just in case. Pictures to follow when I get home.
        Gonna be heading out for my first time tomorrow night. I have killed a couple pigs with my thermal but they were both day time.

Comment

I love it when a plan comes together!

Comment

We are out too, just killed a 295 right after sundown

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

well

Comment

Hung around for 3 more hours as the pig parade across the east fence comtinued and was headed to one of the other tanks, so I walked down there and settled in for 30-45 minutes. I could hear them across the fence in the neighbor's tank but they opted not to come test my marksmanship--on the walk back to the truck I counted 35 of them, plus 5 'yotes.

Here's the one I shot tonight--last one was 150 and this one is 175+ though I didn't weigh him.

Comment

Stayed a couple more hours as the pig parade across the east fence continued towards one of the other tanks. I walked down there and set up but nothing came under the fence thru their usual gully. On the walk back to the truck I counted 35 pigs and 5 'yotes.

Here's the one I dropped tonight--last one was 150 on the scales and this one is 175+ though I didn't weigh him. Wired his skull and jaw to a tree so I can go back and recover the teeth later.

Comment

Like a glove. That rig looks like it feels as sexy as you describe MrDustoffer. Good skim.

Comment

Nice congrats

Comment

Nice work. Congrats!

Comment

Nice work, congrats !!!!

Comment

Drive on.

Comment

He gone, nice chootin

Comment

Working...