Buying used bows online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying used bows online?

For the people that buy used bows online, how often have you bought somebody else’s problem? It seems people buy bows off here/eBay/craigslist all the time without issue but buying a bow before really checking it out in person makes me nervous. Antlers86’s recent post doesn’t help that fear.

I’ll be in the market for an upgrade in the spring but have a hard time justifying the price on some of these new bare bows. But I’ve also been burned on a used bow so I’m a little hesitant to go that route too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by mooch View Post
    For the people that buy used bows online, how often have you bought somebody else’s problem? It seems people buy bows off here/eBay/craigslist all the time without issue but buying a bow before really checking it out in person makes me nervous. Antlers86’s recent post doesn’t help that fear.

I’ll be in the market for an upgrade in the spring but have a hard time justifying the price on some of these new bare bows. But I’ve also been burned on a used bow so I’m a little hesitant to go that route too.

Never had an issue, but I have only bought used off of Archery Talk from some of the popular bow shop folks.

Comment

I’ve found it that you’re more likely getting a great discount because the person selling wants the latest and greatest, not off loading a problem bow.

I bought a used bow off AT and it was better than what the seller described and less than a year old. I asked him why he was selling and it was because he wanted the newer model with a different cam design.

Comment

My one and only bow was purchased on Archery Talk. I've had it for 10 years and its still going strong.

Comment

I've bought 2 off of archery talk and both have been fine bows.

Comment

I have bought a couple off AT and one from Ebay. I won't even consider it if the seller either has very few ratings or a history of bad ratings.

Comment

Let me jump in the AT wagon as well. Bought mine off their classifieds 11 years ago.

Havent been on there in years but I remember there being a large group of folks that just had to have the newest every year and you could get last years model for a big discount

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                Let me jump in the AT wagon as well. Bought mine off their classifieds 11 years ago.

Havent been on there in years but I remember there being a large group of folks that just had to have the newest every year and you could get last years model for a big discount

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                It is still like that. You can find 1 or 2 year old bows for good prices.

Comment

I have bought two off of here. Both were exactly as represented and both of the guys were great guys to deal with.
                  I still keep in touch with both of them and send kill pics.

Comment

I use AT a bit. I always ask for specific pictures.

Problem I have now is selling. Too many.. I will take its.. that disappear.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought one off eBay. It didn’t look like the pictures. Nor did it have the same stabilizer that it had in the pictures.
                      I ordered it 2 weeks before season, so I kept it.
                      Killed several deer and pigs with it, but it wasn’t worth what I paid.

Comment

I bought one off here that misrepresented. It was brand new but the draw length stated was wrong and I got no response on the follow up. I put a rest on it and sold it on here at a loss to me. I then found a great deal on a Elite Synergy on Ebay and am more than happy with how it showed up and all the extras that came with it. It was almost under represented. I never changed a thing, took it out shot it and it was dead on. Its in my avatar.

Comment

I bought one off of Facebook from a guy in Ohio. It was pretty much exactly as advertised and I’ve had no problems with it.

Comment

I've bought several off of Archery Talk and never a problem

Comment

ive bought probably 20-30 bows on AT and 2-3 on ebay and never had any issues at all

Comment

Working...
                              X