Piebald White Tailed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Piebald White Tailed

Why have I never seen one of these until this weekend, when my wife showed me a pic?

super cool! that in is more unique that I have seen in the past;.

Comment

Seen one in person or just in general?

To see one in person in the wild is a once in lifetime opportunity.

Comment

Cool

Comment

I have one on cam showing up right now. He's a nice 8 but needs at least one more year. If he makes it through gun season he will be my target for next year. He doesn't have near that much white though. Neat animals for sure.

Comment

They're much more common in the Midwest and Northeast. I think some states outlaw shooting them.

Comment

We have one on our place in Duval county. He isn't nearly this pretty, but he has a huge white patch across his front shoulder on his left side, and a skinnier strip along his right side. I saw him last year a couple times, and he blew up this year. Still only a 4 year old though, so it'll be fun to see what he does the next few years.

Comment

Somehow I never even knew they existed. The pic is just one I grabbed off dem innanets.

Comment

I used to hunt with dogs in south Alabama in Barbour co. and they had an albino deer in the office at the WMA. We saw lots of piebald squirrels, even a skunk, not striped but patchy white and black. My cousins who hunted there for years said they would see a deer occasionally. Like mentioned above, it is more prevalent in some parts of the country.

On a side note, the only deer I have killed in Alabama was down there. we were doing a run, and after an hour or so a little beagle came close to me. I had a rope in my pocket and tried to catch it, because you end up hunting dogs more than deer, but he wasn't having it. He ran off a bit and started yipping, I look in the direction he is yipping at and there is a big spike running right at me looking over his shoulder at the dog behind him. I raised my shotgun and shot, his front feet braked and the back kept going and he did a flip and stopped right at my feet. Never even twitched. This spike had a lot of trash on the horns, one looked like an antelope. Pretty big deer, dressed about 140 lbs. A couple of nice antlered deer that were killed on this hunt weighed near 200 lbs dressed. Lots bigger than our deer, but up where my cousins live in northeast Ala. there are sized like our deer.

Comment

Interesting about squirrels getting the mutation

I saw a Skunk that has opposite coloring once while hunting with NV. He had a block stripe down his back but a white body.

Comment

Ive seen one once off 81 in west Virginia about 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Killed a piebald doe as a teenager on our farm in MD

Comment

Only one I recall was in Centerville.
                          Didn’t even survive his rookie year.
                          And guys, I have spent 55 yrs since I killed my first!

Comment

Never seen one myself, they sure are pretty!

Comment

I think they are more common up north and in the Midwest. I’ve read that melanistic is a more rare trailer than piebald; we have a lot of melanistic here in Cen Tex. Can’t say I’ve seen anybody post a piebald WT from Texas.

Comment

Working...
                              X