Shooting paintballs with slingshot ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting paintballs with slingshot ???

Can you shoot "paintballs" with a slingshot...like a wrist rocket?

I have a couple dogs coming into my setup by the house and would like to remind folks to keep their dogs in their yard.

Was wondering if the ball would hold up under pressure of slingshot without busting open and also if they would bust open upon impact.

Ideas ??? Anyone try it?

Freeze them

Comment

I know you can shoot them with a paintball gun.

Send him home looking like he went to the wrong neighborhood.

Comment

We did it all the time in high school. We would play one guy with a gun and four or five with sling shots. Rarely did the guy with the gun win. You can shoot them pretty far and surprisingly with a good amount of speed. Be careful though, you will end up shooting everything at the setup just to shoot stuff!

Comment

They definitely bust on impact.

Comment

We did it years ago and it hurt more than a dang paintball gun. Had to pinch in front of the paintball. I was never very accurate.

Comment

I gave my nieces each a slingshot. Their Dad gave them paint balls. Their Mom wasn't very happy with any of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                I gave my nieces each a slingshot. Their Dad gave them paint balls. Their Mom wasn't very happy with any of us.
                That’s funny right there.

Comment

Works fine

Comment

We couldn't afford the paintball guns growing up so we used slingshots. We were surprisingly accurate and they hit hard.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5CM View Post
                      Freeze them
                      Myth. Paintballs don't freeze LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post

They do just colder than what our freezers get to. I’ve dipped them in liquid nitrogen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I shoot the strays in my neighborhood with a paintball gun. You don't want your dog coming home looking like a Picasso painting them keep 'em on your own property. I think you probably can use a sling shot but I'd use the cheaper ones(like you buy at academy). They seem to have a thicker skin on 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyDave View Post

Putting them in the freezer will help prevent smashing hem in your slingshot when your drawing back. The pains inside may not freeze, but the shell will harden.

Just get a paintball gun or use marbles in your slingshot. Marbles don't leave paint evidence on the dog.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post

Putting them in the freezer will help prevent smashing hem in your slingshot when your drawing back. The pains inside may not freeze, but the shell will harden.

Just get a paintball gun or use marbles in your slingshot. Marbles don't leave paint evidence on the dog.
                              I think he wants the owners, to see the paint on the dogs. That's why he wants to use the paintballs , instead of rocks or marbles.

Comment

Working...
                              X