Camp Bullis 2019 - 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camp Bullis 2019 - 2020

Looks like the new regs are out. Two seasons and compartment style. Does compartment style mean that if you’re drawn, you won’t get an archery circle for the season and be able to use feeders/stands like previous years?

It'll be interesting.

Comment

Anybody?

Comment

Lots of changes and not for the good. Two seasons with first being archery only, walk and stalk based on limited training area # of hunters. No feeders, no deer attractants and stands and blinds need to carried in and out each day. The new rules are not well thought out and I believe are going to cause a hunting accident. 2nd season is archery and shotguns. New rules are posted and can be read at jbsa isportsman.net under the Hunting tab. Tom

Comment

I'm not too excited about the new rules this year. They try to make things worse every year it seems.

Comment

Im not eligible to hunt out there (civilian). Out of curiosity, What kind of quality/pressure is out there. Any exotics?

Comment

I really enjoyed hunting Camp Bullis the few times I got drawn for it. I liked the circle/stand hunting myself. I drive all the way from Killeen, TX to hunt there. I won't be putting in to hunt this year with all the changes. I can live with no feeders, but pulling your blind out everyday stink's. If you have to drive to far on Bullis you wouldn't have time to put up a blind in the morning. I hope they change back to the hunting circles/stand next year. I also enjoyed talk to different hunters each year I hunted there. Good luck to all the hunters that get the LUCK of the Draw!

Comment

Originally posted by Nplattii View Post
                Im not eligible to hunt out there (civilian). Out of curiosity, What kind of quality/pressure is out there. Any exotics?
                Lots of training, vehicles and boots on the ground all week. There are some places with less pressure. Lots of rules... A ton of hogs! Some good deer, but the rules make it tough to harvest a buck. Just check last year's hunting log. I love the Turkey hunting though!

Have not seen a single exotic in 2 years and I hunt out there all the time when its open.

Comment

I've seen exotic down by the Rod n Gun club a couple times. One hunter showed me pictures were exotic was at his feeder during the week when you can't hunt. I'm thinking about hunting Ft. Hood this year. I haven't hunted Ft. Hood in 7 years. They steal so much hunting stiff from Ft. Hood. I got hit pretty hard the last time I hunted there. It don't matter if you got it chained & locked. They cut it off. Good thing is my son can hunt with me on Ft. Hood.

Comment

Not going to be good this year with the changes...pulling your blind everyday? Come on, what's the point of wasting your time even hunting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

It's pretty clear non-hunters and/or anti-hunters are now in charge of the hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        It's pretty clear non-hunters and/or anti-hunters are now in charge of the hunt.
                        That’s what I was thinking. I suppose the harvest log will be even shorter this year.

Comment

I believe the new regs are based on controlling the hog problem while also trying to get more opportunity for hunters afield.

I'm curious how it'll work out.

Comment

They basically did away with the archery only season. All hunters must wear hunter orange and shotguns are allowed. Yes, you can still hunt with a bow but with no feeders, no baiting, no permanent blinds, and walk hunting allowed what are the odd of getting a decent shot with archery equipment?

Comment

Just thank God Almighty for the opportunity and adapt. Maybe complaints would be best face to face instead of by all of these electronic means or does one just have to be heard?

The more you expose OUR wonderful opportunity, the more crowded it will become out there, ever consider that? I am begging you guys to stop posting about Bullis on all of the Media, do it for the kids if nuthin else.

If you are a “real” hunter, the odds of harvesting game by any means is 100%. Sometimes a fella has to wonder how civilization survived without corn feeders, blinds, tripods, and rifles. I wish they would change the rules so the only means of take were a spear.

Maybe if hunters can’t Injun-up, some of y’all could take up Teepee living. Even if you don’t harvest game you can Communion with God, watch a Hill Country Sunset, or burn some calories off your fat behinds.

Too Funny !

“As much trouble as my sense of humor has gotten me into, it has alleviated much more. I’m a survivor of Combat, Cancer, and a Menopausal Wife.” - Ferguson
                              Last edited by Johnny44; 09-21-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X