No announcement yet.

The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightweight varmint rig, maybe something like the Tomahawk with a CF barrel???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Kimber builds a mountain ascent rifle which can be 5 pounds . They are 1899.00
      And might shoot .5” or 3”

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
        I saw 4.5 - 5lb mentioned earlier.........to get that light you are realistically looking at a $4,500 + price tag. It will take titanium or whittled down steel(hours). It will also take a slimmed down stock with no features that will still require a lot of finish work(hours). You are getting down into flip-flop butt pad territory at those weights 6 to 6.5 lbs will open up more options and knock off more $. That said, If we limit it to short actions........ I might have a trick up my sleeve
        6-6.5 is where I would want to be.

In my mind I’m looking at around 6.5lb .338 win but now I’m intrigued by the trick with the short action haha

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
          And might shoot .5” or 3”
          That’s correct, I know all about Kimber quality. I have owned 2

Comment

Ultralight hunter hits my want list
            X2

Comment

Unless it goes the heavyweight route, I’m sure I’m in no matter what. I haven’t seen any guns on the APR Instagram page I would kick out of bed. Whatever you design I’m sure I can get in a varmint caliber. Last year’s rifle in 6.5 PRC is laying the coyotes down. Might be a bit much for coyotes but it’s just too pretty to leave at home!

Comment

tagged, wouldnt mind a short action 7saw or jumping to back into a 257 Roy

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                  tagged, wouldnt mind a short action 7saw or jumping to back into a 257 Roy

Got one of them Bobs working as we speak

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

7mm-08, Defiance Deviant Ultralight action, 20" Proof Research Lite Sendero CF barrel, AG composites Privateer stock, Trigger Tech trigger. This is my wish list

Comment

I have no skin in this, but a long range heavyish hitter would be appealing. Thinking McMillwan Game Warden or AG Composites Hunter, 26-28” Proof Sendero, and Defiance coming in the 8.5-9lb before glass etc. I’d spin up a 28 Nosler, and be thrilled.

Comment

I'm all in for a build like this last one, the only difference I would like to see is a .223 boltface. I've been wanting a .223 AI calling/predator rig really bad.

Comment

Ultralight hunter hits my want list
                          I’m in on this

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                            Kimber builds a mountain ascent rifle which can be 5 pounds . They are 1899.00
                            Barrett build a more consistent shooter thats 5.2 lbs, and can be had for $1500.

Comment

The 2020 TBH/APR Special Planning Thread

I love last years design so count me in that group.

I’d also wouldn’t mind something like the 2018 gun.

Last edited by Black Ice; 12-03-2019, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I like the idea of a Barreled action sale. Or one where we provide the action.

Comment

Working...
                                X