Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be one of the better rifle openers ever??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always look forward to the gunfire commencing on the north pasture of our ranch to push the bigger bucks down south where the real hunters are.

Comment

I'm in the "if its brown its down " county. Unfortunately lots of deer will be shot around me that aint legal. Last year my neighbor and I seen buzzards in two different spots after opening weekend. We rode the Mule down to the buzzards and found one buck about 12 inches and another a ways down that was smaller both were near the fence lines. Lots of fence hunters here.

Comment

I've had mature bucks on camera all week. I think it's going to be an epic opening weekend for rifle hunters in the hill country.

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
          I hunt in Childress. We have very few acorns on our place lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Same here. I bet therr aint an acorn within 5 miles of my place!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
            Yes! I think it's going to be a really good one and some giants are going to hit the dirt!
            Yes this

Comment

Yes! With a wet spring it will make for some big racks too

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                I think it will be slow around us. With all the acorns & fresh green from the rain, deer aren't even looking at feeders. Good with me though, maybe a couple of target bucks won't get it this weekend.
                I think this is real accurate.

People think cold weather is the end all be all and nothing else matters.

Cold and good moon, still have to contend with fresh green forbs and a heavy acorn crop

Comment

I’m in a “ brown and down” county also. Don’t have a legal buck on TC but have 3 that might be 12”, expect them to be ground checked by the neighbors opening weekend. Since we have doe season for the first time in a while, I expect the does that venture over the fence will be shot as well. Due to coyotes, haven’t seen any fawns except one in the mouth of a coyote! It will still be fun, hoping for a big boar and coyotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                    I've had mature bucks on camera all week. I think it's going to be an epic opening weekend for rifle hunters in the hill country.
                    Must have changed. We've been growing corn in Cherokee and San Saba. LOL.

Comment

Bucks chasing does and making scrapes in Burnet County. Does still look at them like they are stupid for even trying yet.

Comment

I sure hope that it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Must have changed. We've been growing corn in Cherokee and San Saba. LOL.

Y’all might have been doing better as far as rain totals. Southwest Llano county has been in a severe drought. We did have a decent acorn crop this year but the deer don’t have anything green to eat - they’re just going between corn, protein and a acorns.

Comment

It's the best weekend of the year...every year, but this one has potential to be even better!

Bustin Snoop outta school early again.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                              Y’all might have been doing better as far as rain totals. Southwest Llano county has been in a severe drought. We did have a decent acorn crop this year but the deer don’t have anything green to eat - they’re just going between corn, protein and a acorns.

Heck there's still acorns everywhere in highly overpopulated Wimberley.

Comment

Hey it’ll be an interesting one for me. Apparently I’m going to have winds in ALL directions each sit lol. Starting wind will be west, then east, southeast, northeast, north then southeast again. Lol. Going to give me the option to sit pretty much every stand on the ranch! Both ranches really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                                X