Day Lease - Tpping Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day Lease - Tpping Guide

I normally tip 10 - 15 percent of hunt costs unless the outfitter is what I call a ..Knucklehead ( Trying to be Nice).

What Percentage of the hunt cost do you Tip ?
    Last edited by Patriot-2000; 09-30-2019, 07:28 AM.

20% if they earn it.

Comment

I've never heard of tipping for a day lease. Is it a guided hunt or are you just paying a "trespass fee"? Is there a kill fee? If it's either of those I wouldn't tip. I tip if the hunt is guided and the guide works to put me on game.

Comment

just use the search function. Another thread on this exact topic last week. Many answers there. Doubt many will repeat their answers so you might just check that thread

Comment

Day Lease operation with no kill fees. When the wife comes along .. We usually stay in town .. due to bunch of guys and open Bunkhouse lodging ..Free with hunt !
          Guide more or less drops you off a d feeds the area .. This is an exotic game ranch ..
          Last edited by Patriot-2000; 09-30-2019, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
            I normally tip 10 - 15 percent of hunt costs unless the outfitter is what I call a ..Knucklehead ( Trying to be Nice).

What Percentage of the hunt cost do you Tip ?
            Is the outfitter the same person as the guide?

Are we talking about just guides? What if it's semi-guided where someone shows game pictures off all the stands, drives around showing/explaining best options to hunt etc?

I agree with the no tip if it's a self guided game ranch. Just show up and figure it out yourself. And I agree fully guided needs to be tipped if the guide does his job well.

FTR - I hate the entire concept of tips. It sounds good as it should encourage better service but since most people are guilty into tipping it just doesn't work like it should (at least for waiters). Now fishing guides that have honey holes it may work better but that's more of a bribe.

Comment

No tip on day leases for me.

Comment

Working...
              X