Hernia surgery. Who’d you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hernia surgery. Who’d you use?

Looks like I’m gonna need to go under the knife for a hernia fix. Just wanting to see who had one and if you liked the outcome and the surgeon. Preferably around the Austin or Houston area.

Had both sides done at different times. No big deal its day surgery
    You will be black and blue in that area for a little while. Good luck
    You don't have a choice to get it done. Just don't wait two long or it can become a big problem If your skin gives out .
    Last edited by clay4626; 08-21-2019, 11:06 AM.

Comment

I had an ventral abdomen tear (hernia above the belly button) and used Dr. Zhen Fan in Houston. He did a great job, very happy with the outcome. He uses robotics to suture the mesh internally.

Comment

I believe I had an "Inguinal Hernia". The kind where you can feel it in your junk. Feels like you got 3 where there are supposed to be 2. I found out earlier this year my surgeon lost his license and no longer can operate on people! Needless to say my experience was pretty rough. I essentially had a C-Section. I have a 3" scar now, and I was laid up for 4-5 days unable to do much of anything. It was pretty terrible for me!

Comment

I had double inguinal surgery several years ago. they used the mesh on me didn't work both tore loose in about a year. I have not done anything about getting them fixed again.

Comment

I've had 2. One was by an urologist because, as described above, it was in my junk. Second one was a general surgeon. Both had me on the shelf for a few days but nothing horrible, just had to take it easy. The general surgeon was Dr. Nealon in Galveston at UTMB. Not sure if he's still there or not, but I had no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
              Looks like I’m gonna need to go under the knife for a hernia fix. Just wanting to see who had one and if you liked the outcome and the surgeon. Preferably around the Austin or Houston area.
              I used Dr. John Etlinger here in San Antonio to repair my ventral abdominal hernia (recommended by a good friend whose a Pulmonary Doctor). I'm very physically active...weight lifting and martial arts. He took that in consideration when doing the surgery and made sure the repair would be strong. Fortunately it was small enough I didn't need a mesh repair. He used several layers of stitches and its been 3 1/2 years with no issues
              Last edited by JonBoy; 08-21-2019, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I had an inguinal hernia repaired by this guy in Sugar Land.
                Had it done laparoscopically with the mesh. It worked great for me. I took it easy for 2 days over a weekend and went back to work on Monday.

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions, much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                  X