Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Nancy Pelosi trying to prevent the State of the Union address?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I only got the chance to ask one of ‘em and I have to admit I was surprised to hear she believes a wall is probably the best use of any new funds earmarked for border security. I expected her to say more manpower but apparently (in her opinion) there’s a lot of laziness and inefficiency among the ranks currently.

Comment

Well, instead of today, the SOTU has been rescheduled. Any bets on if Pelosi allows him to give it this time?

Comment

Abrams, former Georgia governor candidate, to give Democrats' State of the Union response

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Stacey Abrams, who narrowly lost Georgia's recent gubernatorial election, will deliver the Democrats' response to Republican President Donald Trump's State of the Union address next week, the top Democrat in the Senate, Chuck Schumer, said on Tuesday. “I’m very excited she has agreed to be the responder,” Schumer told reporters, adding that he had asked her to give the response several weeks ago. The response is a rebuttal delivered by the opposing party. Trump will deliver the State of the Union address on Feb. 5. It was originally scheduled for Jan. ...

100% identity politics IMO

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Well, instead of today, the SOTU has been rescheduled. Any bets on if Pelosi allows him to give it this time?
          I say he gives it as planned on next Tuesday.
          Wanna bet?
          Name your wager.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
            Abrams, former Georgia governor candidate, to give Democrats' State of the Union response

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Stacey Abrams, who narrowly lost Georgia's recent gubernatorial election, will deliver the Democrats' response to Republican President Donald Trump's State of the Union address next week, the top Democrat in the Senate, Chuck Schumer, said on Tuesday. “I’m very excited she has agreed to be the responder,” Schumer told reporters, adding that he had asked her to give the response several weeks ago. The response is a rebuttal delivered by the opposing party. Trump will deliver the State of the Union address on Feb. 5. It was originally scheduled for Jan. ...

100% identity politics IMO
            Well that should be interesting. No Wait! It won't be anything but race card throwdowns and not worth watching.

Comment

I'm sure they picked Abrams because they see her as being expendable. Pelosi and Schumer looked like idiots (surprise) the last time they teamed up for a response. They definitely don't want to give a response to an argument in favor of protecting the border. So they'll send out somebody that will fire up their base without worrying about that person getting damaged in the process. When the response goes over like a lead balloon, they can blame it on her.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                I'm sure they picked Abrams because they see her as being expendable. Pelosi and Schumer looked like idiots (surprise) the last time they teamed up for a response. They definitely don't want to give a response to an argument in favor of protecting the border. So they'll send out somebody that will fire up their base without worrying about that person getting damaged in the process. When the response goes over like a lead balloon, they can blame it on her.
                I believe you nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                  I say he gives it as planned on next Tuesday.
                  Wanna bet?
                  Name your wager.
                  In Congress with Pelosi sitting behind him?

I hope so, but I'm not gonna bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    In Congress with Pelosi sitting behind him?

I hope so, but I'm not gonna bet on it.
                    Yes sir!
                    And they will address her as "Madame Speaker..."

I'm curious what he'll have to say about drug prices and buying drugs from Canada more than anything
                    That effects my bottom line and yearly bonus

And when is he going to remove their interstate restrictions on buying health insurance?

Comment

I hope he has some Angel moms in the crowd and recognizes them during the speech.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                        Yes sir!
                        And they will address her as "Madame Speaker..."

I'm curious what he'll have to say about drug prices and buying drugs from Canada more than anything
                        That effects my bottom line and yearly bonus

And when is he going to remove their interstate restrictions on buying health insurance?
                        it always seems to be about you and how it affects your bottom line.

Comment

And they will address him as Mr. President.

He may say some thing about drug prices and how they are artificially high because every one in the drug business is screwing the American people.

Comment

Here's a comical scenario I dreamed up yesterday that could play out-

As Everyone is being seated for the address- They roll out RBG, prop her up in her chair and make her look somewhat healthy.

Then when Trump is hitting the high points to his base and middle roaders they have RBG take a spill.
                            She rolls out of her chair and requires immediate medical attention.
                            The paramedics load her up on a gurney and off she goes- stealing all the attention paid to the SOTU in the process.

A week or so goes by with the MSM only talking about her fallout instead of anything said at the SOTU, then a vitamin B12 shot later she pops back out as healthy as can be expected at her age.

Doubt it will happen, but I wouldn't put anything past the DEMs to further hinder Trump at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                              Here's a comical scenario I dreamed up yesterday that could play out-

As Everyone is being seated for the address- They roll out RBG, prop her up in her chair and make her look somewhat healthy.

Then when Trump is hitting the high points to his base and middle roaders they have RBG take a spill.
                              She rolls out of her chair and requires immediate medical attention.
                              The paramedics load her up on a gurney and off she goes- stealing all the attention paid to the SOTU in the process.

A week or so goes by with the MSM only talking about her fallout instead of anything said at the SOTU, then a vitamin B12 shot later she pops back out as healthy as can be expected at her age.

Doubt it will happen, but I wouldn't put anything past the DEMs to further hinder Trump at this point.
                              Cameras these days are are pretty high def and we would see the strings connected to her arms and legs I dont think they want any cameras on her during the event..

Comment

Or if she fell over dead and then they blamed Trump for killing her with dialog.

Comment

Working...
                                X