Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alabama Creek WMA - Doe Permit

Guys,

My wife got lucky and got a doe permit for the Alabama WMA this year. I may not get too many responses but I am looking for some advice as to the best place to try and see some deer for her. If we get lucky - it will be her first. Any advice is welcome...

I got a good spot for you, ok if your looking in your map off of 2262 there is 510A and it goes all the way to the neeches river back there is great hunting youc an drive all the way back to the river if you have a four wheel drive but way back there yo park and then walk west away from the river there is alot of deer in there. Also 510B is a good location but back in there there are some huge bucks and alot of doe I was out there in sept of last year for opening weekend of bow and we saw alot of sign and some deer but it was too hot and the deer where nocturnal due to the full moon and how hott it was during the day. Well good luck and hope you harvest what your looking for. let me know how you do.

Here is the link to the map.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I will check this out tomorrow and plan to have her hunt there later next week. Our lease backs up to the DCNF but our rules don't allow her to take anything. Hopefully hunting during the week - there will be a little less pressure. We'll see - this will our 1st time on public land...

Comment

I've hunted DCNF several times in the past but I have never made it to the WMA. Is the terrain consistent with the normal forest? What about deer numbers?

Thanks

Comment

Yes the terrain is the same, and the deer numbers are big because most people that have never hunted DCNF or even know that hey can hunt it just buyt the APH and hunt alabama creek there are big deer in alabama creek from the does to the bucks. and these deer stay along the Neeches river bout 2 miles away from it each side and they go all the way to the river I hope to get to get out there and hunt again next year around rut and hopefully swing it so I have vacation time planned for a week. Well good luck guys.

Comment

Working...
          X