• Show
Clear All

LBJ Buck

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01175.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	143.1 KB
ID:	24718893

This buck was harvested on the LBJ Grasslands. This game pic was taken on our lease nearby, early in bow season. His LDP can be seen at the LBJ district office. A neighbor harvested the buck on the grasslands. He scored 151.

Several nice bucks were reported on the grasslands this year. It's been a great year of hunting. One week left to enjoy sitting on a stand.

Nice buck Froggy!!!

Nice deer, been looking for a couple of those, one for me and one for my kid, are you hunting tomorrow? I am planning on going was gonna go today just to lazy.... Congrats... Rick

Comment

I'm headed to my tripod in the morning. On second thought if it's freezing I'll head to the heated box blind. I can tell I'm getting old. Movement has slowed down a lot. Rancher had a couple of old cows die and we're seeing lots of coyotes. Good luck.

Comment

They seem to be growing em big up there lately.

Comment

Froggy, what is LDP?

Comment

Laying Down Pic. What is usually included in the hunters story in "Hunting Reports"

Comment

Nice! I don't know how to find my own areas. Can you please post the exact location, unit number and perhaps even driving directions from my front door? I'd like to hunt exclusively in that area next season. I promise nobody else will see the directions and hunt there.

Thanks.

Comment

yea i can tell ya where to go!

Comment

Directions

Go north, turn right at the brown cow and left at the paint horse, over the hill and thru the woods and you'll be close. Hang your stand in the post oak and get ready.

Comment

I'll be coming from the north, so could you reverse the directions for me and re-post. I'd hate to get turned around and have to find my own way around LBJ. Thanks!

Of course, you know I'm poking fun at the ones that ask "duh where ya hunt" on public forums. Nice buck!

Comment

Foggy That is an awesome deer how many points was he?

Comment

9 pointer. Hope he left some of his genes around.

Comment

Heck the few bucks I did see in one area were very nice ones, they were 6 pointers but next season they may be nicer, I know LBJ holds some nice deer. We all know that they go nocturnal when season opens, but where I was sitting around the last of the season they actually come out when we hunters are back at camp eating breakfast. I am going to set up a tree stand along with my ground blind, I am hoping I do not have any problems seeing or getting a deer.

Comment

Nice buck froggy!!

Dave in Denton

Comment

Sweet buck

Comment

Working...
                              X