Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gus is just a week away!

Comment

I grew up along the eastern edge of Gus Engeling WMA. Beautiful place. I never hunted it as it seemed a hard place to hunt. Years ago it was walk in. There are some nice bucks in that place and tons of hogs. My dad has caught some 30-35 lb flatheads out of that catfish creek years back. There is a private land owner that owns a lot of acreage on the central eastern edge along that black top that goes across catfish creek & alongside the camp shelters. He high fenced along the perimeter of the wma fence line. I’ve seen some bruisers in his place. Best of luck to all!

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
        I grew up along the eastern edge of Gus Engeling WMA. Beautiful place. I never hunted it as it seemed a hard place to hunt. Years ago it was walk in. There are some nice bucks in that place and tons of hogs. My dad has caught some 30-35 lb flatheads out of that catfish creek years back. There is a private land owner that owns a lot of acreage on the central eastern edge along that black top that goes across catfish creek & alongside the camp shelters. He high fenced along the perimeter of the wma fence line. I’ve seen some bruisers in his place. Best of luck to all!
        First time for me to hunt there, and I'm pretty excited as everyone has good things to say about the place along with the deer being pretty nice as well. Wish i knew what compartment i would be in before getting there, but that's all part of the fun is not knowing!

Comment

Good luck, I expect alot of standbys with RCWMA getting cancelled for flooding.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            Good luck, I expect alot of standbys with RCWMA getting cancelled for flooding.
            I figured with all the rain a few hunts would get canceled, I've been calling gus at least twice a week hoping it was still a go!

Comment

Gus won't get cancelled for rain, few years ago the had bad flooding and did have to close a few areas for erosion or roads washed out but most of that should be fixed I think. Lot of the place has high ground.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                Gus won't get cancelled for rain, few years ago the had bad flooding and did have to close a few areas for erosion or roads washed out but most of that should be fixed I think. Lot of the place has high ground.

That's good to hear! I feel bad for those guys that paid and can't hunt flooded areas or closed down areas. I look forward to these every draws every year and turns into a major highlight of the hunting season, couldn't imagine a week before having to cancel.

Comment

Game day is tomorrow!

Comment

Good luck, weather thursday through saturday should be dyamite, moon phase is good too.

Comment

Working...
                    X