Trad archers in the B/CS area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad archers in the B/CS area

Looking for a shooting buddy around the college station area. I've owned and shot traditional for many years as a hobby, only taking a handful of does and pigs. Now that I'm starting to take it more seriously and in my second season leaving the compound at home, I would really like to get in touch and shoot with someone better and that has more knowledge than me. Especially when it comes to the nuances of fine tuning arrow setups for stickbow shooting.

Let me know who's out there!

I won't be down there for about 2 and a half years. I would have thought there would have been a bunch of responders to your post.

Comment

The President of the Brazos Valley Archery Club shoots trad. I forget their names...the club meets off Hwy 21 and FM 2818 somewhere in that NorthEast quadrant...I think. Nice folk.

Comment

I used to shoot alot of tournaments at the Brazos co archery club and there was a strong group of traditional shooters there. Its been a dozen years or so since I shot there but I'd give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by 76aggie View Post
          I won't be down there for about 2 and a half years. I would have thought there would have been a bunch of responders to your post.
          I was really hoping for a stronger response too

Thank you "Randy" and "Friar": I am gonna have to look into that. I have never shot a 3D course before but it sounds like it would be fun.

Comment

David Bailey 979-220-0145, Scott Welch 979-218-6668, Brad Trimmeran 979-229-4801

Comment

Bumping this back up. My husband and I are toeing the water in trad, and so far having a lot of fun. We know David Bailey fairly well, but are wondering if there are more trad shooters around BCS. We shoot at BCAC regularly, fyi.

Comment

There will be a TBoT shoot in Bryan March 9

Comment

Originally posted by straightGrizzly View Post
                  I was really hoping for a stronger response too

Thank you "Randy" and "Friar": I am gonna have to look into that. I have never shot a 3D course before but it sounds like it would be fun.
                  BCAC has club shoots the 2nd Sunday of the month, Jan-Sept, and shoot 30 target 3D rounds. Trads can start at 8, or wait until 10 and go out with the bigger group. Mark Owen is the current president and does shoot some trad, but usually shoots his wheel bow. Daniel and I have both been on the board there for several years, but this is our first time shooting trad there.

If you’ve never shot a 3D round, you are in for a fun time. David Baily and Ron Olive (or any of the members, really) can show you around and give you a feel for the course. There is also a bag target range available, with targets from 10 to 100 yards. Everyone is pretty friendly, it’s very family friendly, if you have kids. We have a good mix of shooters: wheel bows, trad, and a few crossbows sometimes. Don’t be worried about not having shot 3D before, we would be happy to have you. The numbers for the board members are on the club’s website, if you have any questions, or you can also PM me.

Comment

If your willing to drive a few miles my place is always open to roving archers. Lots of woodland trails.

Comment

Sorry its been a while since I have been on here.
                      We will have a TBOT shoot March 9 and our regular club shoot the 10th. Both will be a great opportunity to meet and shoot with some good shooters. If you have any questions feel free to give me a call or text.
                      Ron Olive
                      VP BCAC

Comment

Working...
                      X