I'm really struggling today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really struggling today

I woke up yesterday morning with everything going great. I just got back from a great hunt in Llano, family is good, business is good, and going into 2020 with a positive attitude. I notice my dog Jake was laboring with his breathing. I watch him for a little while. He was friendly, wagging his tail, and ate his food, so I left for work. I got about 5 miles down the road and something told me to turn around and get him to a vet. Long Story short. He had fluid on the lungs, heart, and blood in his abdomen. We talk to the vet , and the vet didn't think he would even make it through any kind of surgery. So I made the decision to put him down. I'm sure going to miss him

Jake was a great dog, I got him off Craigslist when he was about 1.5 yr old and had him for 8 great years. His 1st year of life he was kept tied up to a tree with a chain with no shelter. I brought him home, cleaned him up and let him stay in the house at night in a nice soft bed, and he loved that soft bed. I got him to be my hunting partner and do things with me but life got in the way, and he mostly remained home. But this year I did take him to the lease about 6 times. The love being in the outdoor and had a great nose. But mainly he was just a great dog because of his personality. He always knew when I was stressed or sorrowed and would come over and lay his head in my lap.
    Attached Files

Prayers for you and your pup. I know its tough.

Comment

Sorry bro, they are family and it hurts to say goodbye.

Comment

Sorry. I’ve been there.

Not that you asked, but I would get another dog quickly. It’s the best medicine.

Comment

Sorry for your loss friend. May God put some kind of comfort and peace in your soul during this trying time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for you. Been there & it hurts.

Comment

Sorry, it’s a hard thing to do. Hang in there

Comment

God bless you, been there and done that. It's not an easy thing to do. May your pup rest in peace.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and the family.

Comment

Man, sorry for your loss! They become family for sure.

Comment

Man that's tough. Sorry for your loss. Hard losing a good dog.

Comment

I feel your pain bud, sorry

Comment

Good dogs are a gift from above. Sorry for your loss, RIP Jake.

Comment

Sorry to hear this man, it’s always rough losing a best friend! At least you provided an amazing life for him!

Comment

So sorry for your loss. He sounds like a great dog. Prayers for comfort.

Comment

Working...
                              X