Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holster for 6" barrel revolver with scope/red dot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put a Vortex Venom on my GP100 and now I can't seem to find a holster that will accommodate it without spending $150

Any leads on something functional and inexpensive?

I may see if I can find someone to hem the edges and notch the nylon holster I have now

I sure can't haul it around in my hand all of the time

Email these folks and maybe they can help you out.

I’m looking at this for my latest acquisition

If you're not a fan of belt slots, this paddle holster is your ideal option. The rotary paddle makes the holster's mounting very convenient and as it comes with a number of adjustable screws, you can change the draw angle and carry height in a number of ways. This leather paddle holster also features a thumb break strap, which increases the holster's retention and safety. The extra tension screw further improves the retention of this holster.

These peeps say they can make one to my specs while I wait, I just have to decide leather as posted above or Kylodex as listed here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

You might think about one of the bandolier type holsters made of nylon. They are all over fleabay. One for a scoped revolver would likely accommodate a reflex sight also.

Comment

I have a scoped 44 mag that rides in one of the bandoliers style holsters.
        It will work for a cheap alternative.
        But for me I find it cumbersome to wear therefore the 44 mag rarely sees daylight.

I wore a 3x3" judge all last season in a paddle holster and really liked the comfort and convenience of that set-up. I'm looking to do the same for my 5" Raging Hunter when I get my hands on it. (in ffl jail at the moment)

If your reflex sight is mounted at the very rear I would hope a Kydex could be notched out to accommodate the sight and still hold enough retention to keep the gun secure.

I found this on amazon, it just might work with the venom as is without having to modify.

Comment

Tuned in as I have a .357 I wanna put a red dot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kydex custom is an option but I figured it would be subject to creating more noise with the kydex on metal

Going to check ebay

Have googled with little result

Comment

If you're not a fan of belt slots, this paddle holster is your ideal option. The rotary paddle makes the holster's mounting very convenient and as it comes with a number of adjustable screws, you can change the draw angle and carry height in a number of ways. This leather paddle holster also features a thumb break strap, which increases the holster's retention and safety. The extra tension screw further improves the retention of this holster.

This one has a listing for a GP-100 w/6” barrel. I’d email and ask if they could leave a slot for the sight.

My gun is not listed and I was told to just add my exact model in the message box when ordering and they will get it right. - so they might do some modifying when asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey BTLowry! Just like DaveC advised you, we've got a range of holsters for GP100s. If you have a 6" barrel, then this is what we can offer: https://www.craftholsters.com/ruger-gp100-6-holsters.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at support@craftholsters.com, we'll be happy to help.

Regards

Comment

Working...
                X