San Antonio Wineries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Antonio Wineries

Wife and I are doing a getaway to the Riverwalk in a couple months. Any good wineries fairly close by or on the way from Houston?

Not sure about on the way over from HTown. The ones I am aware of are just North of SA. We were members at Grape Creek in Fredricksburg for a while. Several up that way if you willing to drive an hour or so north.

Comment

Don't know of any wineries, but the Cistern Country Store is pretty cool.

Comment

Its not really "on the way" but dripping springs has several wineries, as well as deep eddy's distillery. Haven't been to any in SA.

Comment

New Braunfels has Dry Comal River winery and Rebecca Creek is north on 281. Try the Pearl Brewery district. It pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Whistling Duck Winery just south of Weimar, TX

Not a huge winery but a neat stop

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
              Don't know of any wineries, but the Cistern Country Store is pretty cool.

What the what . The Cistern Country store. It's not bad but it definitely aint a place for a getaway, more like drink or two and get a way. Far away!! I grew up a few minutes from there and spent a many of night in that place.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Not looking like a lot of options within a fairly cheap Uber ride from the Riverwalk. I might have to make a drive a bit further than I planned.

Comment

Rent a car and go toFredricksburg. Trust me.

Comment

Here are a couple on the way to SA

MORAVIA VINEYARD

(located half way between St John Church & Morvia Store on FM 957)

12564 FM 957 Schulenburg TX 78956

979-562-2236

From I-10: Take exits 674 or 677 to Highway 90 then to FM 957 & follow it for 8.5 miles. We are located on the right hand side before the Moravia store.
                    From Hallettsville: Take FM 957 North. We are located about 1 mile past the Moravia store on the left.
                    From Highway 77: take CR 229 to the Moravia store. Turn right on FM 957. We are located on the left.

Majek Vineyard and Winery
                    12508 FM 957
                    Schulenburg, TX 78956

Rosemary's Vineyard and Winery is located in La Grange, Texas, a rural community with a traditional German background.

5521 Highway 71 East

La Grange, Texas 78945

979-249-2109 (winery)

281-728-9737 (mobile)

rosemarysvineyard1@yahoo.com

Hours:

Mon-Sat 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
                    Sun 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
                    Call us to arrange other times
                    We are 5 miles east of La Grange.

From Austin, take 71 East to La Grange.
                    From Houston, take I-10 West to Columbus. Exit 71 west towards
                    Last edited by Das71198; 01-17-2020, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Boerne Wine Company is a nice place to hang out. My wife and I spent some time there a few months ago and we both enjoyed it. It's not to far from the Riverwalk about 30-35 miles

Comment

Go to medina river winery. Quality wine. Surprised me when I stopped by the place.

Comment

Working...
                        X